GZA, Maximillion, Justice, The Genius
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
GZA dropped out of school in the 10th grade.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – RZA (Real name Robert Diggs) (Cousin) (Rapper, Record Producer, Musician, Actor, Filmmaker, Author), Ol’ Dirty Bastard (Real name Russell Jones) (Cousin) (Rapper, Producer)
GZA is represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Greater Talent Network
- Cold Chillin’
- Angeles Records
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
GZA has largely remained silent about his personal life while interacting with the media, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Buzzcut hairdo
- Trimmed goatee
GZA hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being the founding member of the rap group Wu-Tang Clan, which is regarded as one of the most influential hip-hop groups.
- Being one of the finest hip-hop lyricists. His lyrics are praised for the smooth flow and sharp metaphors.
- The commercial success of his studio album, Beneath the Surface, which managed to reach the very top of the US R&B album charts. The album was certified ‘Platinum’ as well.
In February 1991, he released his debut studio album, Words from the Genius.
His first studio album with Wu-Tang Clan was Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), released in November 1993.
In 2003, he made his theatrical film debut in the music drama movie, Coffee and Cigarettes.
First TV Show
In 2003, GZA made his first TV show appearance as himself in the comedy series, Chappelle’s Show.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
GZA Favorite Things
- Restaurant In New York – Zen Palate, Vegetarian Paradise, GoBo
- Cuisine – Indian, Thai
- Thai Restaurant In New York – Tamarind
- Tea – Tazo, Honest Tea
- Track From “Liquid Swords” – Duel of the Iron Mic
- Wrestler – Bruno Sammartino
Source – Eater, Wax Poetics, Village Voice
- He is the oldest member of the hip-hop group, Wu-Tang Clan.
- He holds the distinction of being the first member of Wu-Tang Clan to sign a solo record deal.
- An analysis of the lyrics of his songs has revealed that he has the 2nd largest vocabulary in the hip-hop industry.
- GZA developed an interest in hip-hop in the early 70s while attending block parties.
- Early in his teens, he had a keen interest in graffiti, DJing, and breakdance.
- He collaborated with his cousins RZA and Ol’ Dirty Bastard to form a rap group, FOI: Force of the Imperial Master. They later renamed their group as “All in Together”.
- After the release of his debut album in 1991, he got in a dispute with Easy Mo Bee as he believed that his album wasn’t promoted enough and his experience while touring hadn’t been good as well.
- In his early struggling days, he worked as a bicycle messenger.
- Despite having dropped out of school early to focus on his rap career, he has retained a keen interest in science. He was even invited to give a lecture at the Harvard University in 2010.
- To seek inspiration and content for his studio album Dark Matter, he visited leading institutes such as Oxford, MIT, NYU, and USC. He sat down for a discussion with noted astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson in 2012, to get more content for his upcoming album.
- In 2012, he collaborated with website Rap Genius and Columbia University‘s professor Christopher Emdin to create a program known as Science Genius B.A.T.T.L.E.S. The program aimed to encourage high school students to take interest in science with the use of hip-hop.
- In 2008, About website declared GZA’s rap group, the no. 1 greatest hip hop group of all time.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Mika-photography / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0