|Hailey Kilgore Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|February 16, 1999
Hailey Kilgore is an American actress and singer who is best known for her portrayal of characters such as Rebecca Gibbs in the metatheatrical three-act play Our Town (2015), Ti Moune in the one-act musical Once on This Island (2017-2019), and Rapunzel in the stage musical Into the Woods (2019). For the 2nd of those performances, the then 19-year-old was nominated for the 2018 Tony Award in the category of ‘Best Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical’. She is also well recognized for playing Olivia in the drama TV series The Village (2019), Jukebox in the drama TV series Power Book III: Raising Kanan (2021), and Carolyn Franklin in the 2021 biographical drama film Respect which was based on the life of the iconic American singer Aretha Franklin.
Hailey Frances Kilgore
Humble, Harris County, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Hailey had attended the Clackamas High School, a public school in Clackamas, Oregon, for 2 years, after which she had taken a transfer to the Clackamas Web Academy, a free, public charter school in Clackamas. She had graduated from there a year ahead of schedule.
In the fall of 2016, she had joined The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, a private college conservatory for the performing arts in New York City.
- Others – Eric Kilgore (Adoptive Father), Rebecca Kilgore (Adoptive Mother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Plump lips
Hailey Kilgore Facts
- Born in Humble, Texas, Hailey was adopted at birth by a couple from Portland, Oregon. The family had shifted to the Portland suburb of Happy Valley when she was in grade school.
- When she was 6 years old, she had joined a local children’s choir after which she began studying classical, jazz, opera, country, and gospel music while maintaining her love for musical theatre.
- A couple of years later, she had started singing the national anthem at sporting events in the Portland area, including for the Portland Trail Blazers (professional basketball team), the Portland Winterhawks (junior ice hockey team), and the Portland Beavers (minor league baseball team).
- By the time she had turned 9, she had started competing in local pageants and was named the ‘National American Miss Oregon Pre-Teen’ in 2012. She had also been named the ‘NAM (National American Miss) Spokesmodel’. In 2015, she had won Miss Oregon‘s ‘Outstanding Teen’ competition.
- She also used to serve as the regular ‘capo’ (chant and song leader) for the Rose City Riveters (the preeminent supporter’s group for women’s professional soccer anywhere in the world) in support of the Portland Thorns FC, an American professional women’s soccer team.
- Hailey used to participate in several stage productions at her high school and had also competed in the Portland August Wilson Monologue Competition in both 2014 and 2015. She had stood 2nd in the competition in 2015 and had qualified to perform in the national monologue competition at the August Wilson Theatre in New York.
Featured Image by Hailey Kilgore / Instagram