|Han Hyo-joo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Han Hyo-joo is a South Korean film and television actress and model who is known for having been cast in shows and movies such as Masquerade, Illang: The Wolf Brigade, Dong Yi, W, Brilliant Legacy, The Beauty Inside, Cold Eyes, Spring Waltz, C’est Si Bon, My Dear Enemy, Love, Lies, The Sun Does Not Move, and My Boss, My Teacher.
Cheongju, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea
Han Hyo-joo got enrolled at Bulgok High School after moving to Seoul in her sophomore year of high school. She then attended Dongguk University‘s Theater and Film Department.
- Father – He was an air force officer.
- Mother – She was an elementary school teacher before becoming an inspector for public schools.
- Sibling – Han Ji-hoon (Younger Brother)
Han Hyo-joo has been signed with –
- BH Entertainment – South Korea
- FlaMme – Japan
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
- Charming smile
- Lean frame
Han Hyo-joo Facts
- Growing up, she was good in sports, particularly track and field.
- Regardless of the objections of her strict and conservative father, she moved to Seoul.
- She got discovered in 2003 via a teenage beauty contest organized by food corporation Binggrae.
- Along with singer and rapper Andy Lee, Han Hyo-joo hosted the music show SBS Popular Song from 2005 to 2006.
- She co-starred as Seo Eun-young/Park Eun-young, a hardworking and optimistic woman, in the 2006 romantic drama television series, Spring Waltz. This role got her nominated for the KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actress” in 2006.
- Alongside Lee Seung-gi, Bae Soo-bin, and Moon Chae-won, she was cast in one of the leading roles of Go Eun-sung in the 2009 television series, Brilliant Legacy. For this performance, Han Hyo-joo bagged several accolades including the SBS Drama Award for “Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Planning Drama” and the 5th Seoul International Drama Award for “Outstanding Korean Actress”.
- She portrayed the character of Queen Consort Yu, the wife of Yi Hon, King Gwanghae who was the 15th Joseon monarch, in the 2012 period drama film, Masquerade, which became the 9th highest-grossing South Korean film.
- In 2016, she appeared as Oh Yeon-joo, a second-year resident cardiothoracic surgeon in Myung-sei Hospital, in the supernatural gothic thriller series, W, for which she won the MBC Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries”.
- Han Hyo-joo has served as a goodwill ambassador for the Republic of Korea Air Force.
- She can speak Korean, English, and Japanese.
- Her fans are referred to as “Hyolics”.
- It was alleged that her brother bullied a fellow airman while both were in mandatory military service and it resulted in the latter’s suicide. This had a major negative impact on Han’s career in the industry.
- Some of her hobbies are watching movies, reading books, and children’s storytelling.
- Han Hyo-joo enjoys watching Japanese movies which helped her learn the Japanese language.
Featured Image by idol-story / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0