|Hank Green Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1980|
Hank Green is an American vlogger, YouTube star, TikTok star, entrepreneur, and musician who is known for being one-half of the creators who run the YouTube channel titled Vlogbrothers. He is also well-recognized for being the founder of the educational-based channels Crash Course and SciShow. Aside from that, he is also an advocate for social activism which he expresses through his large audience on TikTok which as of May 2023, had more than 554.7 million likes and more than 7.5 million followers.
William Henry Green II
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Hank completed his studies at Winter Park High School in 1998. He then went on to attain a Bachelor of Science in biochemistry degree from Eckerd College in 2002 and further graduated with a Master of Science in environmental studies from the University of Montana.
YouTube Vlogger, Author, Entrepreneur/CEO, Podcaster, Producer, TikTok Star, Musician
- Father – Mike Green
- Mother – Sydney Green
- Siblings – John Green (Brother) (Author, YouTube Star, Content Creator, Podcaster)
- Others – William Henry Green (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Josephine “Jo” Crosby (Paternal Grandmother), Billie Grace Walker (Maternal Grandfather), Billie Grace Walker (Maternal Grandmother)
Comedy Rock, Pop Rock, Punk Rock
Hank Green’s net worth was ‘$ 12,000,000’ according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hank has dated –
- Katherine Gree (2006-Present) – Hank tied the knot with a woman named Katherine Green in 2006. Together, the couple has a son named Orin Green (b. October 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Hank is of English, Irish, German, Scottish, Northern Irish/Scots-Irish, French, Dutch, and Swiss-German descent.
- Brushes his hair to the left
- Wears a pair of rectangular reading glasses
When it comes to Hank’s religious beliefs, he prefers to maintain a neutral statement saying “I don’t believe there’s a God, but I’m not comfortable saying that there is no God.”
Hank Green Facts
- He was raised in Orlando, Florida.
- Professionally, John and Hank are known as the “The Green Brothers”.
- Growing up, Hank suffered from a learning disorder which he speculates is ADHD.
- He and his brother John are the creators of VidCon which features prominent social media stars from across the internet. The company was later acquired by Viacom (now Paramount) in 2018.
- The Green Brothers created their YouTube channel Vlogbrothers on January 2, 2007.
- Hank created the 2-Dimentional glasses that allowed him to watch movies made in 3-D in 2-D.
- He joined TikTok with his self-titled channel on September 2019.
- Hank published his first book in 2018, titled An Absolutely Remarkable Thing. It was featured on the list of New York Times‘s “Best Seller”. Later, he went on to publish his second book A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor in 2020.
- In 2006, Hank was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Later, on May 19, 2023, Green was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (This is a type of cancer that affects the lymphatic system).
- Hank began taking an interest in creating and developing websites at an early age and did so all through his schooling and college years both for himself and his clients. One of his earliest pages was in 1994 titled Mars Exploration Page.
- He had worked as a web developer for graduate schools after relocating to Montana one of which was the University of Montana.
- As a musician, Hank has released a number of tracks including “I’m Gonna Kill You,” “Baby, I Sold Your Dog on eBay,” “What Would Captain Picard Do?”, and “Accio Deathly Hallows”.
- In 2008, Hank released his debut studio album titled “So Jokes”. Since then, he has released several other albums including “I’m So Bad at This: Live!” (2009), “This Machine Pwns n00bs” (2009), “Ellen Hardcastle” (2011), and “Incongruent” (2014).
- Some of the most-watched videos on his channel as of May 2023, were Giraffe Love and Other Questions ANSWERED, People Who Love Giraffes Who Love Giraffes, Top 10 Animal POWER MOVES, Why Are American Health Care Costs So High?, and The Commercial that Killed a Fast Food Chain.
Featured Image By Hank Green / Twitter