|Hayley Atwell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1982|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Hayley Atwell is a British and American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Agent Peggy Carter in Captain America: The First Avenger, Lady Elizabeth Foster in The Duchess, Hope Milroy in Testament of Youth, and Cinderella’s Mother in Cinderella. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Cassandra’s Dream, Brideshead Revisited, I, Anna, Christopher Robin, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, The Prisoner, Falcón, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Black Mirror, Criminal: UK, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like Prometheus Bound, The Pride, A View from the Bridge, and Measure for Measure. During the course of her career, Hayley has been nominated for several awards such as the Empire Award, Saturn Award, and Laurence Olivier Award.
Hayley Elizabeth Atwell
London, England, United Kingdom
Nationality / Citizenship
Hayley went to Sion-Manning Roman Catholic Girls’ School in London. Post that, she took admission to London Oratory School and gave her A-Levels.
Hayley finally graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 2005.
- Father – Grant Atwell (Massage Therapist, Photographer, Shaman)
- Mother – Allison (née Cain) (Motivational Speaker)
- Siblings – None
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hayley Atwell dated –
- Gabriel Bisset-Smith – Hayley first met writer Gabriel Bisset-Smith while studying at Guildhall School of Music and Drama. The couple started dating in 2008. However, they broke up after some time.
- Paul Wilson (2012) – In 2012, Hayley dated the Scottish musician Paul Wilson. He has served as a bass guitarist for the rock band Snow Patrol.
- Stephen Merchant (2013) – In 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating English writer, director, and actor, Stephen Merchant.
- Evan Jones (2014-2015) – In 2014, she started dating Keep Up musician and model Evan Jones. They dated for about 18 months and separated in July 2015.
- Ned Wolfgang Kelly – Hayley later started dating songwriter and composer Ned Wolfgang Kelly. The couple announced their engagement in April 2023.
- Tom Cruise (2023) – In 2023, Hayley was rumored to be dating her Mission: Impossible co-star, Tom Cruise. However, she denied the dating rumors and revealed that she viewed Tom, and their director Christopher McQuarrie as “two uncles”.
Race / Ethnicity
She has American ancestry on her father’s side while she is of British descent on her mom’s side.
Hayley’s grandmother was Irish.
- Warm smile
- Curvy figure
37-27-36 in or 94-68.5-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
32DD (or 32E)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has been seen in a Pringles commercial.
Her religious beliefs are not known. But, her mom was not religious at all.
Best Known For
Playing Peggy Carter in a number of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe films and TV shows.
She is also known for appearing in films like Cassandra’s Dream (2007), The Duchess (2008), and The Pillars of the Earth (2010).
Hayley debuted with the 2007 dramatic thriller film Cassandra’s Dream for her role as Angela Stark. It was a starring role.
First TV Show
In 2006, Hayley appeared in the BBC drama series The Line of Beauty for her role as Catherine “Cat” Fedden in just three episodes.
To play Peggy Carter in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), she worked hard on her body, especially her stomach.
Hayley worked with a personal trainer who made her do military circuits. She ran every day and worked on her legs by doing endless squats and lunges. Atwell also did many detoxes.
Hayley Atwell Favorite Things
- City – New York
- Favorite Drive – From Los Angeles to Los Gatos in California
- Hotel – The Four Seasons in Mexico City
- Favorite Place in the British Isles – Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands
Source – Independent
Hayley Atwell Facts
- Hayley is skilled in horse riding and can period dance.
- When Hayley was 2, her parents split.
- Hayley has no brothers and sisters.
- In 2010, Hayley did a three-month course in art history from an Open University.
- When Hayley was young, she used to write letters to her future self. For example, at 8, Hayley wrote a letter for her 18-year-old self. She wrote – “Have you written your first novel yet? Won an Oscar?”
- In her life, she has felt quite genderless.
- She likes reading in her free time. She is a heavy literature fan.
- She shares her birth date with actress Lily James. Lily is 7 years her junior. They both are the alumnus of “Guildhall School of Music and Drama.”
- She is good friends with actress Emma Thompson.
- Hayley is not on social media now. She used Instagram and Twitter in the past but deleted them in November 2015 to keep her life private.
- She has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Peggy Carter in Captain America: Super Soldier and Lego Marvel’s Avengers.