Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
Mkhitaryan achieved a bachelor degree from the Institute of Physical Culture in Armenia.
Upon his graduation, he enrolled himself at the St. Petersburg Institute from where he majored in economics.
- Father – Hamlet Mkhitaryan (Ex. Professional footballer who died of brain tumor at 33)
- Mother – Marina Taschyan (Head of Armenian national teams department in the Armenian Football Federation)
- Siblings – Monica Mkhitaryan (Older Sister) (Works at UEFA’s headquarters)
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is signed with Mino Raiola.
Attacking Midfielder / Winger
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Henrikh has endorsed the popular sportswear brand Nike.
He has also appeared in TV commercials for ROSGOSSTRAKH ARMENIA and Opel Astra.
Best Known For
Being one of the best Armenian footballers of all time
First Football Match
Mkhitaryan debuted for FC Pyunik in 2006 at the age of 17.
On July 16, 2009, Henrikh played his first official match as a member of Metalurh Donetsk against FC Partizan Minsk. Metalurh won the match by 3-0 in which Mkhitaryan scored his debut goal.
Henrikh first performed for Shakhtar Donetsk in a match against Obolon Kyiv on September 10, 2010.
Mkhitaryan debuted for Borussia Dortmund on July 10, 2013 in a friendly match against FC Basel. However, he had his Bundesliga debut in a match against Eintracht Braunschweig on August 18, 2013.
On January 14, 2007, Henrikh first appeared in a match for the senior national team of Armenia against Panama.
On July 15, 2016, Mkhitaryan had his debut for Manchester United in a pre-season friendly game against Wigan Athletic.
- Through balls
- Quickness and Speed
Player has no significant weaknesses.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Mkhitaryan has not been seen in any other TV show.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Facts
- When his father died, Henrikh was only 7 years old.
- In the early 1990s, Mkhitaryan family shifted to France where Henrikh’s father played for ASOA Valence.
- Mkhitaryan followed his dad’s footsteps and became a footballer.
- His family moved back to Yerevan in 1995.
- He began playing football in the youth categories of FC Pyunik.
- Mkhitaryan idolized Zinedine Zidane.
- On August 30, 2010, Henrikh penned a deal with Shakhtar Donetsk worth 7.5 million dollars.
- On July 8, 2013, Mkhitaryan officially joined Borussia Dortmund after the German side agreed to pay 27.5 million euros to Shakhtar Donetsk.
- On July 2, 2016, Henrikh penned a four year deal with Manchester United.
- He speaks American, English, French, German, Portuguese, and Russian fluently. He is also able to speak little bit Italian.
- In 2012, the Yerevan City Council decided to give the “Honorary Citizen of Yerevan” award to Mkhitaryan for his achievements in the game of football and sports overall.
- Henrikh stated that if he didn’t make it in football, he would have been a sprinter.
- In 2014, he won the DFL-Supercup with Borussia Dortmund.