|Hootie Hurley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1999|
|Eye Color||Blue with a hint of yellow|
Hootie Hurley is an American pole vaulter who gained recognition after running track and field at Oklahoma State University. He earned the USATF All-American honors in 2015 and he won All-Big 12 honors at the Big 12 Championships in 2018.
Arlington, Texas, United States
Arkansas, United States
He went to Fayetteville High School in Fayetteville in Arkansas. He later graduated with honors.
Pole vaulter, TikTok star
- Father – Edward Hurley
- Mother – Kristy Hurley (Cheerleader for the University of Arkansas)
- Siblings – Sam Hurley (Younger Brother) (Social Media Star), Turner Hurley (Older Brother) (Social Media Star)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hootie has dated –
- Vanessa Merrell (2019) – In 2019, Hootie had dated singer and social media star, Vanessa Merrell.
- Lauren Gibson
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
Blue with a hint of yellow
- Thick eyebrows
- Cleft chin
Hootie Hurley Favorite Things
- Food – Burgers and French fries
- Pastime – Going on a hike and watching the sunset
Hootie Hurley Facts
- His family lived in Texas when he was a child and then moved to Arkansas.
- His brother Sam was also athletic since childhood and used to enjoy playing baseball and basketball and taking part in track and field events.
- Hurley bagged 2 team state champion track titles when he was in high school.
- Hootie was the founder of the bass fishing team in his school. He used to coach junior high pole vaulters every week.
- He used to be a member of the National Honor Society as well as of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce Teen Leadership Experience.
- Hurley has recalled that in his sophomore year, he had begun to run track purely for fun. However that soon escalated and he became thrilled to get inundated with calls from coaches from big schools including Baylor, Ole Miss, BYU, and TCU.
- He had initially thought of inking with Baylor but that got changed after his trip to Oklahoma State University’s campus in Stillwater. Hurley had grown up following the Cowboys as one of his friend’s father used to play football and would often take him along to the games. When he went to OSU, he immediately liked the team and was delighted with the wonderful and down-to-earth coaching staff. He sensed that everyone there would help him a lot and he felt completely at home.
- Apart from being an athlete, he has been popular on TikTok where he has posted lip-sync and comedy clips for more than 800k fans.
Featured Image by Hootie Hurley / Instagram