Face fat, aka chubby face or double chin, has always been a topic of discussion in the beauty industry. It makes you look unattractive, even if the rest of your body is super ripped. If you have face fat, here are some proven tips that can help you get rid of them.
1. Lose some weight
Excess fat in the face may be as a result of excess fat in the body. In this case, the best option is to hit the gym consistently and you’ll see your face change to that beautiful, lean, and well-sculpted structure which has been hidden by the excess fat all the while.
To slim down both your body and your face effectively, you need to start doing some cardio, which is also known as aerobic exercises. This form of exercise is widely known to effectively burn calories more than any other form of exercise. It helps to promote fat burn and increased metabolism at a very notable rate.
Some examples of cardio exercises that can help you lose body and face fat include
In order to see effective results, it is advised that you spend at least 30 to 120 minutes every day on aerobics; or you can make it a one-hour workout session every two days.
2. Do some facial exercises
There is an age-old “diet and exercise” rule about losing face fat, and it has helped many achieve slimmer faces. By making some changes in your diet and doing some facial exercise consistently, you can pull up that saggy face to be more appealing.
Some of the exercises you can perform to lose fat in the face are
- Pulling your lips: In this exercise, you’re expected to pull your lower lip up, not with your hands, but on its own with the muscles in your face. Hold your lower lip in that pulled up position for 10 seconds to 15 seconds, and that’s it. Repeat this exercise 10 times in each session, and try to do it every day. It takes nothing more than 5 minutes to do this.
- Chew your jaw to reduce chin fat: This is another form of exercise that will help you tone your face. Simply close your mouth and move your jaw like you’re chewing on something. Try to involve as many facial muscles as possible while doing this. Do it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Another one is to open your mouth and push your tongue towards your lower teeth as if you’re trying to push out your lower jaw. Hold it in that position for 10 seconds. Repeat it 10 times.
You can also try some of the most effective facial exercises listed by the Bright Side in the following video.
3. Try facial massage
Facial massage has a serious potential to help you lose face fat. What a facial massage does is boosting blood circulation in the face, thereby reducing any bloat that is unnatural. Also, facial massage facilitates cell regeneration, and face relaxation. Face relaxation is very helpful in flushing out toxins from the skin on your face, and also rejuvenates vitality.
How can you get a facial massage?
You do not necessarily need to go to the spa to get a good facial massage that can tone down your face. You can learn some tips from here and apply them to give you good results.
- Get a Gua Sha Stone or a ceramic Chinese spoon
- Apply a quality massage oil to your face
- Use the stone or spoon to massage your face properly. If you’re using the spoon, make sure you use the round part of the spoon. Use it on your face as if you’re trying to scoop up the massage oil on your face.
4. Drink more water
There are more benefits of drinking water than we can ever tell. One of such benefits is that water can help you lose weight on your face and around your body. In addition to that, it has been proven that water increases the rate of metabolism in the body by 24%. While all of these effects of water are going on in your body, you’ll start to see the results in your face as it slims down.
How and when to drink water strategically to help you lose weight on your face
- Take 2 glasses of water just before you eat. This will help you eat less food at a time as it gives you the effect of being filled even before you start eating.
- Replace calorie-filled drinks with water. Soda and juice taste great, but they have adverse effects on your body, including weight gain. If you feel water tastes too boring, then you can add some flavor to it. Some slices of lemon, orange, lime, or even tea and honey will spice up your water and make you want to take it all the time.
- Drink cold water; like ice cold water. This will make your body work extra hard to warm up the water. Taking cold water boosts metabolism and helping you to lose face fat.
5. Reduce alcohol intake
Taking a bit of alcohol is not a bad idea. As a matter of fact, health experts encourage it. But when you go overboard with your alcohol intake, you’re going to have to deal with a host of health issues; including face fat, belly fat, and increased sugar levels.
Alcohol-induced weight gain can be controlled simply by watching the quantity of alcohol you take per time. Alcohol is rich in calorie but does not have a lot of nutrients.
If you’re addicted to alcohol, you can get great insight on how to quit by following the tips on this post titled “Overcoming Alcohol Addiction”. Some of the tips you can take away from it are
- Set a goal for yourself and be realistic about your goals
- Announce your intentions to quit
- Get rid of temptations
- Learn from your past
- Avoid bad influence
- Record your progress
- Take long breaks from alcohol
- Drink slowly
- Find a suitable addiction program to join
All of these will help you reduce how much alcohol you take and how much pounds you add to your face and belly.
In summary, all you need to lose face fat are some exercises, diet adjustments, and facial massage. You’ll also need some persistence and patience to see good results over time.