|Hwasa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1995|
Hwasa is a South Korean singer, songwriter, and rapper signed under RBW Entertainment. She is the lead vocalist of South Korean girl group Mamamoo. The group officially began to release songs in 2014. These songs initially released were collaborations with other artists such as Bumkey and K.Will. They officially released their first EP in June 2019 and it was titled Hello. In February 2019, Hwasa made her debut as a solo artist with her digital single Twit.
Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
Hwasa attended Wonkwang Information Arts High School in Iksan, South Korea.
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Hwasa has 2 older sisters.
K-pop, Retro, Jazz, R&B, Ballad
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
There is not much information about her dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
Hwasa has endorsed brands such as –
- The North Face
- Lotte Crunky Chocolate
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist of Mamamoo, a band which releases great music that mixes jazz, R&B, retro, and pop
- Becoming a solo artist and releasing her first single in 2019
As a member of Mamamoo, Hwasa released her first album Melting in February 2016.
In February 2019, Hwasa released her debut single as a solo artist titled Twit.
First TV Show
Hwasa made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in A Hyung I Know in 2016.
Hwasa Favorite Things
- Activity – Singing, Cooking
- Artist – Rihanna
- Song Genre – Jazz
- Actor – Leslie Cheung
Source – Wikipedia
- After singing with the band for years, Hwasa finally released her debut single titled Twit in February 2019. Twit was a digital single and has gained lots of comments from fans. In an interview, she said that the song talks about the relationship she had with a man who really loved her, but they had to break up because she started getting distant.
- She has 2 older sisters and they all grew up with their parents.
- One of the Mamamoo members has been close to Hwasa since she was in middle school.
- Hwasa has been featured as a vocalist in Phantom’s Fingernail and Baechigi’s Boy Jump.
- She is an amazing songwriter and has written and composed various songs such as I Do Me which was a single on Mamamoo’s first EP Hello, and Freakin Shoes which was a song on their album Pink Funky.
- Hwasa has appeared on different television series such as A Hyung I know (2016), Let’s Eat Dinner Together (2018), and Idol Room (2018) where she was featured mostly as herself.
- She once recorded guide vocals for 4Minute.
- For 3 years, Hwasa has lived alone. She has not opened up about any further relationships apart from the man she got distant from.
- Hwasa has been featured on King of Mask Singer as “Aerobic girl” and in High4:20’s “HookGa”.
- The singer, actress, and businesswoman, Rihanna is her role model.
- Hwasa has grown to like men who are more naive and fatherly in nature. She likes men who are willing to show her just how much they love her. She has given examples of the kind of celebrities she is interested in. They include Ryu Seung Ryong Sunbaenim and George Clooney.
- She is allergic to pets. Due to this fact, she got herself a toy lion that she always talks about when the other band members are discussing their pets.
- When she was featured in MBC’s I Live Alone, Hwasa was able to tell her daily life to the world as someone who lives alone.
- She is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Holic / Tistory / CC BY-4.0