|Iker Muniain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Iker Muniain Goñi
Muniain, the Spanish Messi (Nickname given by Spanish media because of his body structure and play style)
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Fernando Muniain
- Mother – Nuria Goni
- Siblings – Andoni Muniain
Iker is signed with Jesus Medina Martin.
Winger / Forward
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Small built
- Tattoo on his inner right biceps
Best Known For
Winning the UEFA European Championship with the Spanish U-21 team in 2011 and 2013.
First Soccer Match
Iker had his debut for Bilbao Athletic (reserve team of Athletic Bilbao) in the Segunda Division B in January 2009. At the time, he was only 16 years and 16 days old.
On July 30, 2009, Muniain appeared in his first match for Athletic Bilbao in a UEFA Europa League qualifying match against Swiss’ club BSC Young Boys. Iker substituted Gaizka Toquero in the 59th minute of the game.
He first performed for the Spanish U-21 team on February 8, 2011 in a match against Denmark.
On February 29, 2012, Iker debuted for the Spanish senior national team in a friendly match against Venezuela.
- Holding on to the ball
Iker Muniain Facts
- He was the La Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year in the 2010-2011 season.
- Iker joined Athletic Bilbao’s youth system at the age of 11.
- He achieved his debut goal for the second team of Athletic Bilbao at the age of 16.
- On February 24, 2012, Muniain was selected for the friendly international against Venezuela.
- He set a record of 31 caps during the U-21 national team appearances.