|Iker Muniain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Iker Muniain is a Spanish footballer who is best known for his career as the captain of Athletic Bilbao. He has also been a part of teams like Txantrea in the past. During the course of his career, Iker has won several tournaments such as Supercopa de España, UEFA Europa League, Copa del Rey, UEFA European Under-21 Championship, FIFA U-17 World Cup, and has been the recipient of honors like La Liga‘s “Breakthrough Player of the Year” and “European Golden Boy”.
Iker Muniain Goñi
Muniain, the Spanish Messi (Nickname given by Spanish media because of his body structure and play style)
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Fernando Muniain
- Mother – Nuria Goni
- Siblings – Andoni Muniain
Iker is signed with Jesus Medina Martin.
Winger / Forward
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
In August 2014, Iker announced that he and his girlfriend were expecting their first child together. They welcomed a baby boy in February 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Small built
- Tattoo on his inner right biceps
Best Known For
Winning the UEFA European Championship with the Spanish U-21 team in 2011 and 2013.
First Soccer Match
Iker had his debut for Bilbao Athletic (reserve team of Athletic Bilbao) in the Segunda Division B in January 2009. At the time, he was only 16 years and 16 days old.
On July 30, 2009, Muniain appeared in his first match for Athletic Bilbao in a UEFA Europa League qualifying match against Swiss’ club BSC Young Boys. Iker substituted Gaizka Toquero in the 59th minute of the game.
He first performed for the Spanish U-21 team on February 8, 2011 in a match against Denmark.
On February 29, 2012, Iker debuted for the Spanish senior national team in a friendly match against Venezuela.
- Holding on to the ball
Iker Muniain Facts
- He was the La Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year in the 2010-2011 season.
- Iker joined Athletic Bilbao’s youth system at the age of 11.
- He achieved his debut goal for the second team of Athletic Bilbao at the age of 16.
- On February 24, 2012, Muniain was selected for the friendly international against Venezuela.
- He set a record of 31 caps during the U-21 national team appearances.