|Iselin Solheim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1990|
Iselin Solheim is a Norwegian singer and songwriter who has gained popularity for her vocals on Alan Walker‘s songs Faded and Sing Me to Sleep and Gryffin’s single Just for a Moment. In addition to that, her discography consists of tracks like What’s Happening, Lost, Listen, Anyone Out There, Giants, Bathtub, The Wizard of Us, and Oracle. She has also co-written songs for artists like R3HAB, Matoma, SKAAR, Inna, Broiler, James Carter, and Martin Tungevaag.
Iselin Løken Solheim
After completing her high school, Iselin Solheim attended Skiringssal Folkehøyskole in Sandefjord in 2009, where she learned to write songs and make her own music.
A year later, she went to Liverpool and enrolled for a study in Popularize Music & Sound Technology at The Institute for Performing Arts.
- Mother – Anne-Lise Solheim
Iselin Solheim has been managed by Warner/Chappell Music, London, United Kingdom.
Pop, Folk, Electronic, Folk pop, Synth-pop
Warner Music Sweden
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Norwegian ancestry.
- Beautiful smile
- Blue eyes
- High cheekbones
Best Known For
- Providing vocals to Alan Walker’s singles Faded and Sing Me to Sleep, which went un-credited till much later
- Her single What’s Happening, which received huge attention and got selected as the “Song of the Week” on the national radio station Radio Norge
As a Singer
In 2012, Iselin released her first single as a lead artist called What’s Happening.
Iselin Solheim Facts
- Early in her career, she was able to impress Sir Paul McCartney during her stay in Liverpool.
- Iselin wrote The Wizard of Us in collaboration with Jesper Borgen and her former manager Hilde Wahl.
- She was placed in the top 40 in the Norwegian version of Pop Idol named Idol – Jakten på en superstjerne.
- She released her song Bathtub in 2018 and later stated, “I’d done the singer-songwriter thing for a while and all of my friends started to get educations and stuff, and I kind of got insecure about music for the first time… whether I should do it or not… it all got a bit too much. […] I felt a bit stressed a while ago, and at the time I was supposed to have many sessions in Stockholm. After one of my sessions I retreated to my hotel bathtub to unwind, and was inspired to write the track.”
- As a featured artist, she has been a part of songs such as Usynlig by Cir.Cuz, Do You Care by Ryan Riback, Listen by Seeb, Clear Water by Karl Zine, Better With You by 3LAU and Justin Caruso, and Walking By by Felix Cartal.
Featured Image by Napolee007 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0