|Isha Koppikar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1976|
Isha Koppikar is an Indian actress and model who is best known for her work in films such as Kaadhal Kavithai (1998), Pinjar (2003), Qayamat: City Under Threat (2003), Krishna Cottage (2004), Girlfriend (2004), Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005), and Ek Vivaah… Aisa Bhi (2008). She has acted in films made in multiple languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Marathi.
Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Isha, after her high school graduation, had joined Ramnarain Ruia College in Matunga, Mumbai. She had graduated from there with a degree in life sciences.
- Father – Ragav Koppikar
- Mother – Bairal Koppikar
- Siblings – Anosh Koppikar (Younger Brother) (Stock Broker, Financial Adviser, Investor)
- Others – Rama Sewaram Narang (Father-in-Law) (Businessperson), Rahul ‘Jimmy’ Narang (Brother-in-Law), Sanjay Narang (Cousin-in-Law) (Hotelier), Manu Narang (Uncle-in-Law) (Hotelier, Actor)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isha has dated –
- Inder Kumar – Isha had started dating actor Inder Kumar in the mid-1990s. They had parted ways in 2002 after Inder had become bedridden due to a broken vertebra that he had suffered due to a helicopter fall while he was performing a stunt on the sets of the film Maseeha. In 2003, Inder got married to his mentor Rajoo Kariya’s daughter Sonal Kariya but they had parted ways about 5 months later while Sonal was still pregnant with his first daughter Khushi. Soon after this, Isha and Inder had reconciled but their relationship did not last very long. Inder passed away in July 2017, aged 43, after a cardiac arrest.
- Timmy Narang (2008-Present) – Isha had started dating Indian hotelier Rohit Narang aka Timmy Narang in 2008 after they had been introduced to each other by mutual friends – fitness trainer and dietitian Leena Mogre, and actress and entrepreneur Preity Zinta. The couple got married on November 29, 2009, in a ceremony that was held at the ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) temple in Juhu, Mumbai. They have a daughter together named Rianna Narang (b. July 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Isha has been featured in the print/TV commercials for several brands including –
- L’Oréal S.A.
- Tips & Toes
- Synergy shoes
- Deepam sarees
In 2007, she had become the Indian brand ambassador of Police, an Italian brand of fashion accessories.
She has also served as a spokesperson for the animal rights organization PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
Isha Koppikar Facts
- While Isha was studying at Ramnarain Ruia College, she had appeared in a photoshoot for renowned fashion photographer and celebrity portraitist Gautam Rajadhyaksha. This shoot had given her an opening in the modeling industry and she went on to work in several advertisement campaigns. Her modeling work had eventually led to a career in the film industry.
- In 1995, she had participated in the Miss India pageant where she had won the ‘Miss Talent’ award.
- In 1998, for her portrayal of the character of Jothi in the Tamil-language romance film Kaadhal Kavithai, she had won the ‘Best Female Debut (Tamil)’ award at the Filmfare Awards South.
- Although she had started her acting career in 1998, she had shot to fame in 2002 when she was the key attraction in a song titled Khallas (loosely translates to ‘finished’) which was featured in the cult-classic gangster film Company. The song had become such a rage all over India that she began to be recognized everywhere as the ‘Khallas Girl’.
- In 2007, she had served as one of the judges on Nach Baliye 3, the 3rd edition of Nach Baliye, an Indian competitive dance-based reality TV show. The following year, she had served as one of the judges at the Miss Universe pageant that was held in Vietnam.
- Based on the advice of numerologists, she had changed the spelling of her name twice – first from Isha Koppikar to Ishaa Koppikar and later to Eesha Koppikhar. However, by 2015, she had reverted to the original spelling of her name.
- In January 2019, she had joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), one of two major political parties in India. She had been appointed the working president of the party’s women transport wing.
- Isha holds a black belt in Taekwondo.
- She has a pet dog named Mowgli.
Featured Image by Isha Koppikar / Instagram