ITZY is a South Korean girl group formed by JYP Entertainment and it debuted on February 12, 2019, with the release of the single album It’z Different. It consists of 5 members – Yuna, Lia, Chaeryeong, Ryujin, and Yeji. The group’s discography consists of various albums, tracks, and extended plays such as It’z Icy, It’z Me, Crazy in Love, It’z Itzy, What’z Itzy, Not Shy, Guess Who, Cheshire, Checkmate, Dalla Dalla (달라달라), Wannabe, Icy, Not Shy, In the Morning (마.피.아. In the morning), Sneakers, Loco, Blah Blah Blah, Voltage, and Boys Like You. Over the years, the group has also been a recipient of various accolades including “Rookie of the Year” at the 34th Golden Disc Awards, “New Artist of the Year” at the 9th Gaon Chart Music Awards and 2019 Melon Music Awards, “Best New Female Artist” at the 2019 Mnet Asian Music Awards, and the “New Artist Award” at the 29th Seoul Music Awards. They became the first K-pop girl group to achieve such a “Rookie Grand Slam”.
- Yeji (예지) – Leader, Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
- Lia (리아) – Vocalist, Rapper
- Ryujin (류진) – Rapper, Dancer, Vocalist
- Chaeryeong (채령) – Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
- Yuna (유나) – Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist
Seoul, South Korea
K-pop, EDM, Hip Hop, Electropop, House, J-pop
JYP, Warner Japan, Republic Records
On September 24, 2021, ITZY released its first studio album Crazy in Love via JYP Entertainment and Dreamus and its tracklist consists of Loco, B[oo]m-Boxx, Sooo Lucky, Mirror, Swipe, #Twenty, Gas Me Up, Love Is, Chillin’ Chillin’, and others. The album peaked at #1 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, and US World Albums (Billboard) chart; at #8 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart; at #11 on the US Billboard 200 chart; and at #39 on the UK Album Downloads (OCC) chart. Also, the album was certified as ‘2× Platinum’ in South Korea.
- The girl group released its first Korean extended play It’z Icy (stylized as IT’z ICY) on July 29, 2019, through JYP Entertainment and it included songs like Icy, It’z Summer, Cherry, Want It? (Imad Royal Remix), and Dalla Dalla (DallasK Remix). The EP peaked at #3 on the Gaon Album Chart, at #10 on the Japanese Digital Albums (Oricon) Chart, at #11 on the US World Albums (Billboard) Chart, and at #12 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) Chart.
- On August 17, 2020, ITZY released its 3rd EP Not Shy and it peaked at #1 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at #8 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart and Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart, and at #73 on the Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart.
- ITZY‘s 5th Korean extended play Checkmate was released on July 15, 2022, by JYP Entertainment and Republic Records and it includes songs like What I Want, Sneakers, Free Fall, and Domino. It peaked at #1 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart and South Korean Albums (Circle) chart, at #8 on the US Billboard 200 chart, at #9 on the Japanese Combined Albums (Oricon) chart, and at #10 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- On August 6, 2022, ITZY began its first worldwide concert tour named “Checkmate World Tour” in Seoul, South Korea. It was held in support of the group’s 5th Korean EP Checkmate (2022).
- In 2022, the girl group was honored as “Artist of the Year (Bonsang)” at The Fact Music Awards.
- ITZY‘s filmography consists of shows like I See Itzy, A to Z <M2 Special – Itzy Vlog> “Itzy in Paris”, Itzy? Itzy!, 100 Hours of Romantic Travel “Paris et Itzy”, It’z Playtime, Itzy It’z Tourbook, Bu:Quest of Itzy, Itzy in Korea, I’m in LA ([email protected]), 2TZY: Hello 2021, CSI: Codename Secret Itzy, Itzy Cozy House, CSI: Codename Secret Itzy Season 2, and Itzy V2log: Hello 2022.
- The group released its 6th extended play Cheshire on November 30, 2022, and it peaked at #1 on the South Korean Albums (Circle) chart and at #2 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart.
Featured Image by Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0