|Jacinda Ardern Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1980|
Jacinda Ardern is a New Zealand politician who is widely recognized for serving as the 40th Prime Minister of New Zealand since 2017. She has more than 600k followers on Twitter and more than 2 million followers on Instagram and Facebook.
Jacinda Kate Laurell Ardern
Hamilton, North Island, New Zealand
- Father – Ross Ardern (Politician, Police Officer)
- Mother – Laurell Bottomley (School Catering Assistant)
- Siblings – Louise Ardern (Older Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jacinda has dated –
- Clarke Gayford (2013-Present) – Jacinda began dating Clarke Gayford, a television and radio broadcaster, in 2013. They welcomed daughter Neve Te Aroha Ardern Gayford on June 21, 2018. The couple announced their engagement in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Danish, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish ancestry.
However, she dyes her hair in ‘Black’ and ‘Dark Brown’ shades.
She has an overbite.
Jacinda Ardern Facts
- She is the 2nd elected leader to give birth during her official term after Benazir Bhutto, who gave birth to daughter Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari in 1990.
- Jacinda gave up her Mormon faith in 2005 due to its opposition to same-sex marriage.
- As of 2020, she is the youngest female head of government in the world after getting elected at the age of 37.
- She promptly implemented strict gun laws in the aftermath of the Christchurch mosque shootings in 2019; a move that was appreciated the world over.
- She had auditioned for Peter Jackson’s Oscar-winning film, Lord of the Rings, but was turned down.
- Jacinda supports her hometown rugby team, The Chiefs.
Featured Image by Governor-General New Zealand / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0