|Clarke Gayford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1976|
Clarke Gayford is a New Zealand radio and television broadcaster who has hosted the documentary series, Fish of the Day. However, he is mostly recognized as the partner of the 40th Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern. He has more than 100k followers on Instagram and Twitter.
Clarke Timothy Gayford
Gisborne, Gisborne District, New Zealand
Clarke studied at Palmerston North Boys’ High School.
He attended the University of Otago to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree. However, he later graduated from Christchurch’s New Zealand Broadcasting School.
Radio and Television Broadcaster
- Father – Antony Gayford
- Mother – Peri McDonald
- Siblings – Pene Gayford (Younger Sister), Briar Gayford (Younger Sister)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clarke has dated –
- Shavaughn Ruakere
- Jacinda Ardern (2013-Present) – The Fish of the Day host has been in a relationship with politician Jacinda Ardern since 2013. The couple welcomed daughter Neve Te Aroha on June 21, 2018. Clarke proposed to his ladylove in April 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Welsh, Māori, and Scottish ancestry.
Mole on his right cheek
Clarke Gayford Facts
- He is known for his lifelong love of fishing. In fact, Clarke had memorized the English, Latin, and Māori names of several New Zealand fish by the age of 10.
- He is also a keen surfer.
- He participated in the reality competition series Treasure Island in 1999 and finished in the 2nd place.
- In 2000, he was detained at the Los Angeles airport after his co-host Iain Staples played a prank on him by informing the L.A. police that Clarke and his colleagues were illegally transporting kiwi eggs to the U.S. by hiding it in their rear cavities.
Featured Image by Government House / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0