|Jack Doherty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 2003|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jack Doherty is an American social media star best known for his YouTube channel of the same name created on July 14, 2016, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 2.5 million subscribers and more than 330 million views. He uploaded his 1st video titled MARKER FLIP TWICE IN A ROW!!! on September 29, 2016, which provided an insight of what the focus on his channel would be. Besides hard-to-do challenges such as doing front and backflips, basketball trick shots, trampoline jumps, and fidget spinners, he also continued doing pranks and short-form videos he also uploaded to Musical.ly (now TikTok), another popular social media platform.
He is also known for being ‘kicked out’ or having ‘cops called’ for doing prank videos such as Singing ‘Despacito’ on Walmart intercom!, Floor is lava challenge at Walmart!, Singing ‘Rockstar’ on the Walmart Intercom!, and Flips for a Kiss at the Mall!. His channel also grew rapidly from 5k subscribers on January 15, 2017, to more than 100k subscribers by March 4, 2017, and more than 1 million by January 1, 2018. Besides pranks, Jack also did ’24-hour challenges’, was dared to do things by his fanbase, played video games, and unboxed various products on-camera. Jack has also garnered a large social media fanbase with more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Long Island, New York, United States
Sea Cliff, Town of Oyster Bay, New York, United States
Social Media Star, Singer
- Father – Mark Doherty
- Mother – Anna Doherty
- Siblings – Michael Doherty (Older Brother), Joanna Doherty (Older Sister)
- Others – Chris (Step-Brother)
Jack Doherty self-manages his career.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent on his paternal side and of Polish descent on his maternal side.
Dark Brown with ‘Blonde’ Highlights
He used to keep his hair purely ‘Dark Brown’ colored in the past.
Best Known For
His social media fanbase with more than 2.5 million followers on his YouTube channel, known for his flips, trick shots, pranks, challenges, and trampoline jumps
As a Singer
Jack Doherty 1st sang a song titled All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey in a video titled SINGING “ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS” ON THE WALMART INTERCOM! on December 24, 2017. He also sang a song titled Gucci Gang, originally by 6ix9ine, in a video titled SINGING “GUCCI GANG” ON THE WALMART INTERCOM! (COPS CALLED), published on February 18, 2018.
Jack has been physically active throughout his life. He started landing successful flips at the age of 7, which he later became known for. He also did wrestling, rode motorcycles, played golf, tennis, squash, and hockey, while in winter he went skiing and rode snowmobiles.
Jack Doherty Favorite Things
- Quote – “A wise man once said, ‘I never went to school.'”
Source – Instagram Bio
Jack Doherty Facts
- He weighed 9 lbs or 4 kg at birth and was a “chubby” baby. He also managed to roll over only 1 day after birth, which was rare.
- His brother Michael is only 1 year and 3 months older than him. Michael would also get very jealous that all of the attention was on Jack after birth. He did everything he could to mess with him such as stealing his blanket and provoking him.
- At his old house, growing up, Jack had a large swingset in the woods nearby. His Dad would pull the swing to the balcony on the last floor, load Jack in, and let him swing toward the forest over a 6 ft or 188 cm tall fence and back to the balcony. His mom had panic attacks every time she saw it happen.
- When Jack moved to a new house with his family, it had an above-ground pool. Despite having a lot of fun playing around and swimming, at the age of 2, his dad made a big mistake. He removed his floating jacket but left him on the stairs of the pool to take his brother’s jacket off. He turned his back to do so and Jack fell back in the pool and started paddling, barely keeping his mouth above water. His brother started pointing towards him, which got his dad’s attention and he saved him at the last minute.
- Jack had the same thing happen at the age of 4 at Disneyworld. A group of about 15 random guys jumped in to save him from drowning.
- On his 1st day at kindergarten, as soon as he saw his dad leave, Jack bolted out and ran home, which was just across the street. His dad chased after him, took him back, and introduced him to his classmates.
- At the age of 5, he ate ice cream at the beach and was so focused on it that he fell down the stairs. Because he tried to hide a bloody toenail that fell off and alleviate pain, he rubbed the toe into the sand and had to be sent to the hospital for wound cleaning.
- Jack calls his fanbase “Bangers”.
- When he was 5 years old, as a Christmas present, his dad allowed him and his brother to get a dog. His name was Major and they later created him an Instagram account under the handle “majordoherty”.
- Jake had problems with ADHD in school and was too energetic and couldn’t focus on classes. He was also considered a class clown.
- In late 2017, Jake bought a Belgian malinois dog named Max, who has his own Instagram account under the handle “thek9max” with more than 40k followers. He also adopted a Golden Retriever puppy named Cash in September 2019 without telling his mom and created an Instagram account “cash.doherty” with more than 40k followers.
- His idols are Jake Paul and Logan Paul. Just like them, he has been chastised over the unruly behavior that led him to be kicked out and banned from stores such as Target and Walmart.
- He had a near-death experience at the age of 14. He once walked across the train tracks when he went cliff jumping and stepped on a 3rd rail which carries electricity. Luckily, he didn’t get electrocuted because he jumped with both legs at once and wasn’t touching the ground with either one. On the way back, 1st his brother warned him, and then the train was getting close, so he avoided stepping on it. His dad couldn’t sleep that day and his mom suffered a panic attack when he told them.
- His hair color was blonde at a very young age and darkened over time.
- Jack attended the wedding of Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau in July 2019.
- He has collaborated with social media stars such as Tanner Fox and Christian Lalama.
- Jack met Adam Sandler in July 2017.
- He celebrated a milestone of having 2 million subscribers on YouTube on December 25, 2018, with a house party.
- YouTube disabled comments on his channel in May 2019, which led him to petition Susan Wojcicki to re-enable them via Twitter.
- Visit his brand’s official website @ bangermerch.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Jack Doherty / Instagram