|Jain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1992|
Jain is a French singer, songwriter, and musician whose career started in 2013 after she met record producer and disc jockey Mr. Flash. Over the years, she has released a number of tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Makeba, Zanaka, The Fool, Souldier, Hope, Come, Dynabeat, Oh Man, Gloria, Alright, Take a Chance, Mr Johnson, Hob, and The Fool.
Jeanne Louise Galice
Toulouse, Occitania, France
Jain did a pre-art-school foundation course in Paris, France. Additionally, she learned how to play drums in Pau, Arabic percussion in the Middle East, and musical programming in Congo as she grew up moving around the globe.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – He worked for a French oil company.
She has been managed by Dready.
Pop, Worldbeat, Art Pop, Chanson, Afropop, Dance-pop
Vocals, Guitar, Goblet Drum, Congo
Spookland, RCA Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Growing up, her family moved around the world due to her father’s job.
- She was 9 years old when she shifted from France to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). She lived there for 3 years.
- Jain then shifted base to the Republic of the Congo and has credited it for her taste for danceable melodies. She lived there for 4 years.
- On November 6, 2015, she released her debut studio album titled Zanaka and it included tacks like All My Days, Come, Hope, Makeba, You Can Blame Me, So Peaceful, Heads Up, Hob, and others. Its title means “child” in Malagasy and serves as a tribute to her mother who is of Franco-Malagasy descent.
- The album Zanaka peaked at #4 on the Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) chart, at #5 on the French Albums (SNEP) chart, at #17 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart, and at #51 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart. Also, it was certified ‘Diamond’ in France and ‘Gold’ in Switzerland.
- The song Makeba from Zanaka became a global hit and peaked at #1 on the Sweden Heatseeker (Sverigetopplistan) chart and at #55 on the Global 200 (Billboard) chart and UK Singles (OCC) chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ in Canada and ‘Gold’ in France, Italy, and Poland. The song is a tribute to Miriam Makeba (a South African singer, songwriter, actor, and civil rights activist also known as “Mama Africa”).
- Makeba was nominated in the “Best Music Video” category at the 2017 Grammy Awards.
- Jain won the award for “Best French Act” at the European Border Breakers Awards in 2017.
- Her 2nd studio album Souldier was released on August 24, 2018, via Spookland, Columbia, and Sony Music and the title is a play-on-words between ‘soldier’ and ‘soul’. Will Hermes, writing for Rolling Stone, noted her “flow jump-cutting between pan-African dancehall chat and Europop chirp with matter-of-fact fluency — think M.I.A. as ingénue”. He described the album as “another sly charmer, sung in English but stylistically polyglot”.
- The album Souldier includes songs such as Flash (Pointe-Noire), Star, Oh Man, Dream, On My Way, Abu Dhabi, and others. It peaked at #1 on the Swiss Albums (Romandie) chart and French Albums (SNEP) chart, at #2 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart, and at #3 on the Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Platinum’ in France.
- Jain was awarded the “Francophone Female Artist of the Year” at the NRJ Music Awards in 2018.
Featured Image by Xfigpower / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0