|Jaire Alexander Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1997|
Jaire Alexander is an American football cornerback who has played for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL).
Jaire Zakar Alexander
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Jaire Alexander studied at Rocky River High School in Mint Hill, North Carolina. After that, he initially committed to the University of South Carolina to play college football but eventually changed his mind and committed to the University of Louisville.
Professional Football Player
- Father – Earl Alexander
- Mother – Tawanda Alexander
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jaire Alexander Facts
- He was born in Philadelphia and his family then shifted to the Charlotte area when he was a toddler.
- During his time at Rocky River High School, Jaire Alexander played high school football for the Ravens.
- From 2015 to 2017, he played college football at the University of Louisville under head coach Bobby Petrino and had 77 tackles and seven interceptions during his career.
- He was named Second-team All-ACC for the 2016 season. Afterward, he decided to forgo his senior year after his junior season in 2017 and enter the draft. It was officially announced on December 22, 2017, that the player had decided to forgo his remaining eligibility and enter the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Jaire Alexander was considered to be a first-round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts as well as was ranked as the top cornerback prospect in the draft by NFL analyst Mike Mayock and was ranked the third-best cornerback by DraftScout.com.
- Owing to persistent injury issues during the season, he decided not to play in the 2017 TaxSlayer Bowl with the rest of Louisville.
- He was picked by the Green Bay Packers as the 18th overall in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft as the team traded its first (27th overall), third (76th overall), and sixth-round picks (186th overall) to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for their first (18th overall) and seventh-round picks (248th overall) in order to draft Alexander 18th overall.
- Jaire Alexander signed a fully guaranteed four-year, $12.05 million contract (that included a signing bonus of $6.84 million) with the Green Bay Packers on May 15, 2018.
- During his time at the Green Bay Packers training camp, he competed against Davon House, Tramon Williams, Kevin King, and Josh Jackson to be a starting cornerback and was eventually named the fourth cornerback on the depth chart (behind House, King, and Williams) to start the regular season by head coach Mike McCarthy.
- In a season-opener with the Green Bay Packers against the Chicago Bears in 2018, Jaire Alexander made his professional regular season debut and recorded three solo tackles during his side’s 24–23 victory.
- He recorded eight combined tackles for the Green Bay Packers on September 16, 2018, and was credited with half a sack during a 29–29 tie with the Minnesota Vikings in a Week 2.
- In his rookie season, he played in 13 games and started 11 and recorded .5 sacks, 66 total tackles, one interception, and 11 passes defended.
- He recorded his first interception of the 2019 season with the Green Bay Packers in a week 5 against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Jaire Alexander then recorded eight tackles and intercepted a pass thrown by Mitch Trubisky during the 21–13 win for the Green Bay Packers in week 15 against the Chicago Bears in 2019.
- For the 2019 season, he recorded 51 total tackles, two interceptions, 17 passes defended, and one forced fumble.
- Following the 2020 season, Jaire Alexander was ranked NFL’s No. 1 cornerback by Pro Football Focus.
- He was ranked 41st by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2021.
- He signed a four-year, $84 million contract extension with the Green Bay Packers on May 18, 2022.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED