|Jane Lynch Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1960|
Jane Lynch is an American with a multi-talented personality which includes her talent as an actress, author, singer, comedian, producer, writer, and voice actress. Her part as Sue Sylvester in the musical series Glee has brought to her much appreciation. Jane has appeared in a variety of TV shows and movies and has also voiced numerous characters in both TV shows and movies. She has won many awards for her acting skills which include Primetime Emmy Awards.
Jane Marie Lynch
Evergreen Park, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jane Lynch studied at the Thornridge High School, Dolton, Illinois. She graduated from Illinois State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Theater. She also has a Master’s degree in Theater from Cornell University.
Actress, Author, Singer, Comedian, Producer, Writer, Voice Actor
- Father – Frank Lynch (Banker)
- Mother – Eileen Lynch (Homemaker-Secretary)
- Siblings – She has a brother.
Jane Lynch is managed by –
- Joe Vance, Talent Agent Theatrical, Domain Talent, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Meghan Shankar and Melisa Spamer, Talent Agents, Domain Talent, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Tim Curtis, Talent Agent Voice, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, USA.
- Katie Krell Slater and Will Ward, Talent Agents Commercial, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, USA.
- Adam Kaller and Duncan Hedges, Legal Representatives, Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller, Beverly Hills, California, USA.
6 ft or 183 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jane Lynch has dated –
- Lara Embry (2009-2014) – In May 2009, Jane started dating a clinical psychologist and the psychology professor of New College, Sarasota, Dr. Lara Embry. In October 2009, they got engaged, and later in 2010, they married at the Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland, Massachusetts. However, their marriage did not last long and on July 12, 2013, Jane filed for divorce from Lara, which was finalized by 2014. Jane is the stepmother of Haden, a daughter adopted by Lara.
- Jennifer Cheyne (2017-Present) – Jane is in a relationship with Jennifer Cheyne. It is not known how or where they met but Jane often shares their images on social media. They share a common love for pet dogs and cats.
Race / Ethnicity
Jane is of Irish and Swedish descent.
- Sharp jawline
- Tall stature
- Keeps hair short
11 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41.5 (EU)
Jane Lynch has endorsed multiple brands like –
- Sprint PCS
- Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes
- American Express
- Washington Mutual
- Healthy Choice
- X-Box 360 Elite
- Comcast’s Xfinity Network
- Combat for Roach Control
- MasterCard’s MasterPass
- Vita Coco Coconut Water
- OPI Products Inc.’s Gelcolor by O.P.I. brush-on nail color
Best Known For
- The character of Sue Sylvester in Fox Network’s musical drama series Glee (2009-2015) which earned her many awards like the Primetime Emmy Awards (2013, 2011 & 2010) for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series; Golden Globe Award (2011) for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television; and Screen Actors Guild Awards (2012, 2011 & 2010) for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
- Portraying tough and comic character in numerous films like Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) as Lucy Bobby, The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005) as Paula, Role Models (2008) as Sweeny, Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007) as Gail, and The Three Stooges (2012) as Mother Superior
As a Singer
She has performed in many films and TV series like A Mighty Wind, Hollywood Game Night, Glee, and Conan among others.
In A Mighty Wind, she sang and played the guitar.
In 1988, Jane made her theatrical film debut in the fantasy comedy film Vice Versa as Ms. Lindstrom.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut in 1992 in a romantic comedy Straight Talk as the voice of Gladys.
First TV Show
In 1993, she made her debut TV show appearance in the crime series Bakersfield P.D. as Michelle Hathaway.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut in 2001 providing the voice to the character of a French teacher in the animated comedy series Family Guy.
Jane Lynch’s workout includes a few minutes warm-up, leading to some intense work out for 30 minutes as she wraps it with 10 to 15 minutes of cooling down exercises. As for her diet, she incorporates lots of green in her meal like spinach, arugula or dark leafy salad and kale or other green smoothies.
Jane Lynch Favorite Things
- Films – Ninotchka (1939), Private Benjamin (1980), The Crossing Guard (1995), The Big Lebowski (1998), and Zoolander (2001)
- Work-Related Place – Vancouver
- Dark Chocolate – Trader Joe’s dark chocolate
Source – IMDb
Jane Lynch Facts
- As a child, she grew up in Dolton, Illinois, and in the suburbs of Chicago.
- In her high school play, she was cast as a king.
- While in school, she failed in algebra three times.
- She cheated on her physics paper while in college.
- She does not like to cook.
- She wrote and performed in the play Oh, Sister, My Sister!
- She does not like elevators.
- She is a huge fan of Olivia Newton-John and Carol Burnett.
- When she was a child, she was a fan of John Travolta.
- She hosted the DoSomething Awards on VH1.
- On September 11, 2011, in the cover story of The New York Times magazine, she was listed as one of the Eight Actors Who Turn Television into Art.
- Jane was an alcoholic during her struggling days. Now, she is just another coffee addict.
- Growing up, she often wore her brother’s clothing secretly to fulfill her father’s wish for an athletic “son”.
- On September 19, 2011, she hosted the 63rd Emmy Awards.
- When she was a child, she had a serious illness which left her deaf in the right ear.
- Jane considers actress-comedienne Vicki Lawrence and actor-director Ron Howard as her idols.
- On September 4, 2013, she was honored with the Hollywood Walk of Fame star at 6640 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- On September 13, 2011, she released an autobiography titled Happy Accidents.
- From 2004 to 2014, she was cast as Dr. Linda Freeman in the popular comedy series Two and a Half Men.
- Jane has provided voices for films like Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back (2010), Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009), Shrek Forever After (2010), and Wreck-It Ralph (2012).
- If she could choose a superpower between invisibility and flight, she would choose the power to fly.
- In the ’90s, she had auditioned for a role in the movie A League of Their Own (1992) that finally went to Rosie O’Donnell.
- Visit her official website @ janelynchofficial.com.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY 2.0