Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg
Hayes, Middlesex, London, England
Seymour received her education from the Arts Educational School, Tring, Hertfordshire.
Film and TV actress, author
- Father – John Benjamin Frankenberg (Obstetrician)
- Mother – Mieke (van Tricht) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Anne Gould (Younger Sister), Sally Frankenberg (Younger Sister)
She is managed by Guttman Associates.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jane Seymour dated –
- Mick Jagger – Jane was RUMORed to have been in a relationship with English actor and musician Mick Jagger.
- Michael Attenborough (1971-1973) – She started dating English theater director and actor, Richard Attenborough’s son Michael Attenborough in 1971. The two got married the same year and separated in 1973.
- Geoffrey Planer (1977-1978) – Jane married businessman Geoffrey Planer in 1977 and the two got divorced in 1978.
- David Flynn (1981-1992) – Seymour got married to author David Flynn in 1981. They had two children named Katherine Flynn (b. January 7, 1982) who is an actress and Sean Flynn (b. July 31, 1985). Jane and David split in 1992.
- James Keach (1993-2015) – She married American actor James Keach in 1993. They had twins John Stacy and Kristopher Steven (b. November 30, 1995). Their children were named after the couple’s close friends Johnny Cash and Christopher Reeve and James’s brother Stacy Keach. They announced their separation on April 12, 2013. The two officially divorced in December 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Right Eye – Brown
- Left Eye – Green
- Long brown hair
- Crooked smile
- Different colored eyes
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Her print ads include –
- Clairol Loving Care hair care products advertisement in 1998.
- Pistachios grown in California from 2005-2006.
- In 2008, Jane was seen in Natural Advantage skin care system ad.
- She was next seen in papers in 2009, in ads for her own label Open Hearts jewelry for Kay Jewelers.
Jane’s TV commercials include –
- Le Jardin Fragrance perfume in 1983 and Le Jardin d’amour perfume in 1987.
- In 1996, she did commercials for Clairol Loving Care.
- Gerber Baby Food in 2000.
- In 2001, she appeared in Bioganic commercials.
- She was seen in Avandia (Rosiglitazone Maleate), Type II diabetic medication in 2001.
- She appeared in commercials for Open Hearts jewelry for Kay Jewelers in 2008-2009.
Her infomercials include –
- She played hostess for anti-aging product line Natural Advantage from 2006-2008. Other actors who were part of this infomercial included her siblings Anne Gould and Sally, mother Mieke Frankenberg, Jacklyn Zeman, Cheri Ingle and Denise Wingate.
- In 2015, she played hostess for Crepe-Erase skin-care system. The infomercial also featured beauty experts Dr. Jame Heskett, Kim Parrish, and Dorothy Hamill.
Jane became the new face of CC fashion label in 2008 replacing Selina Scott.
She is the celebrity ambassador for Childhelp, an NGO helping abused and neglected children.
She is UNICEF’s official celebrity spokesperson.
Best Known For
Among some of her best-known performances are in the James Bond movie Live and Let Die (1973), Somewhere In Time (1980), East of Eden (1981), Onassis: The Richest Man in the World (1988) and War and Remembrance (1988), the 1989 political thriller.
She also became well-known for playing the character of Marie Antoinette in the political thriller La Révolution française (1989) and Wedding Crashers (2005). She is also famous for her American television series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1993–1998).
Seymour’s first film was Richard Attenborough’s Oh! What a Lovely War (1969) for her role as Chorus Girl. It was uncredited.
First TV Show
She debuted on television in 1970 with show Here Come the Double Deckers. She played the role as Alice in the “Scooper Strikes Out” episode.
Her first book Guide to Romantic Living was published in 1986.
Jane Seymour does not have a fitness trainer. She believes in healthy living and stays fit with a control on her diet and some exercise.
She works out three days a week and does Pilates, Gyrotonics, and light weights. She also practices fast walk. Jane uses the reclining bicycle and the elliptical machine.
I tend to have the same weight and have never gone on a weight-loss diet.
She normally eats only organic food that is grown in her garden. She eats blueberries, blackberries and drinks kale, ginger, apples and carrot juices in the morning. Jane eats chicken or fish and salad with a homemade vinaigrette made from balsamic vinegar. Jane normally has two cups of coffee and a lot of water. When she wants a carbonated drink, she adds Pellegrino and lime to her juice.
She also prefers a glass of wine at times but completely refrains from drinking liquor and smoking.
Jane Seymour Favorite Things
- Food – Garlic, Smoked salmon with really kind of nutty bread, hard bread with lots of grains
- All-time Favorite Songs – Bohemian Rhapsody (By Queen), Imagine (By John Lennon), Without You (By Harry Nilsson)
- Pastime – Painting
Source – Healthy Living, Instagram, IMDb
Jane Seymour Facts
- Her screen name has been taken from the third wife of King Henry VIII and she kept it because it was more marketable.
- Jane was born a heterochromia i.e. her both eyes are different colored. While her right eye is brown, her left one is green.
- She started with dance training in her childhood and debuted in the London Festival Ballet at the age of 13.
- She loves art and color and thus became a successful designer.
- On April 20, 1999, she received a Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
- Jane Seymour received the Officer of the British Empire (OBE) in 2000. The title was bestowed on the actress at the Buckingham Palace by Queen Elizabeth II.
- She was ranked 10th in the Top 10 Bond Babes list by IGN.
- She gained a naturalized citizenship of the United States in February 2005.
- The actress is the American Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet member.
- She founded the Open Hearts Foundation in 2010 that helps communities in need on a global platform.
- She owns the Jane Seymour Designs, a lifestyle brand inspired by her own personal art and general lifestyle.
- She is good friends with Shawn Toovey and Chad Allen.
- You can follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
- You can visit her official site @ www.janeseymour.com.