|Alia Shawkat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alia Shawkat is an American actress, voiceover artist, and producer who is known for her roles like Mae “Maeby” Fünke in the Fox sitcom Arrested Development, Dory Sief in the satirical dark comedy thriller series Search Party, Young Hannah Rayburn in the Fox comedy-drama series State of Grace, Gertie Michaels in the comedy slasher film The Final Girls, Bella in the adventure comedy film Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, Diana Riggs in the teen comedy film Prom Wars, Robin in the USA Network romantic comedy series The Starter Wife, Lila in the comedy-drama series Transparent, Mad Madge in the comedy film Damsels in Distress, and Tyler in the comedy-drama film Animals.
Alia Martine Shawkat (pronounced as AL-ley-uh SHOW-cot)
Riverside, California, United States
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Tony Shawkat (Actor, Film Producer) (Native of Iraq)
- Mother – Dina Shawkat (née Burke)
- Siblings – She has two brothers.
- Others – Paul Burke (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Alice Louise “Peggy” Wikan (Maternal Grandmother), Martin Burke (Great-Grandfather) (Boxer), Martin P. Burke (Great-Great-Grandfather) (A New Orleans policeman in 1898)
Alia Shawkat has been repped by –
- MGMT Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 5½ in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alia has dated –
- Michael Cera (2003) – Alia dated the Canadian actor Michael Cera in early 2003. They had met at Arrested Development. She had appeared on the show from 2003 to 2006 and in 2013.
- Jack Antonoff (2009-2010) – American singer Jack Antonoff dated for quite some time from 2009 to 2010.
- Michael Angarano (2010-2011) – The two actors were an item from January 2010 to November 2011 when they were spotted together getting cozy at a Los Angeles club.
- Brad Pitt (2019) – In November 2019, it was RUMORed that she had a fling with actor and producer Brad Pitt.
- In January 2021, she was found kissing a mystery man while she was out during the day in Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Kurdish (Iraqi) ancestry on her father’s side and Irish, Norwegian, and Italian roots on her mother’s side.
- The face is covered with spots (freckles)
- A beauty mark on the right side of the chin
34-27-34 in or 87-69-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Her role as Maeby Fünke in the Fox television series Arrested Development
Shawkat appeared in the 1999 satirical war film, Three Kings for her role as Amir’s Daughter.
First TV Show
Alia guest appeared in the American adventure/ legal drama television show JAG (short for Judge Advocate General) for her role as Young Mac in 1999.
Alia Shawkat Favorite Things
- TV Shows – The Larry Sanders Show (1992-1998)
- Chapter From Arrested Development – Tobias (David Cross) chapter, Gob (Will Arnett) chapter
Alia Shawkat Facts
- Her hobby is painting. When she is not acting, she likes to give it a try. Alia has even participated in gallery shows in Los Angeles, Paris, and Mexico City.
- Her interest is not only limited to painting, Shawkat also likes to make and sing songs in jazz bars.
- In 2002, she was cast as Young Hannah Rayburn in State of Grace and this role got her nominated for a Young Artist Award in the “Best Performance in a TV Comedy Series – Leading Young Actress” category.
- Alia is an Arab American.
- In 2009, Alia was co-featured in Har Mar Superstar’s music video “Tall Boy”, along with Eva Mendes and Eric Wareheim.
- She is good friends with Whip It co-star Ellen Page.
- Alia is the step-granddaughter of Lyn Peters.
- She has a pet cat named Max.
- She started appearing as Dory Sief, an NYU grad who is stuck as the personal assistant to a rich housewife, in Search Party in 2016. For this performance, she bagged the Gracie Award for “Actress in a Breakthrough Role” in 2017.
- Shawkat is a member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
- She is a skilled pianist.