|Jang Wonyoung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 2004|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jang Wonyoung is a South Korean singer and dancer who is best known as a former member of the South Korean-Japanese girl group called IZ*ONE that formed in 2018 through a reality competition show Produce 48 on Mnet. The group disbanded in April 2021. As a member of the group, she has been part of many songs including La Vie en Rose, Suki to Iwasetai, Memory, and many more. She was announced as a member of the girl group IVE in December 2021.
Born to be Center, Giant Baby, Giant Maknae
Ichon-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Jang attended the Yonggang Middle School in the past. However, after joining Iz*One, she was homeschooled and passed with a perfect score in English, Korean, and mathematics.
She later started attending the School of Performing Arts Seoul (SOPA).
- Father – Her father is a music teacher.
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
Wonyoung is represented by –
- Off the Record Entertainment – South Korea
- AKS Co., Ltd – Japan
- Starship Entertainment
- King Kong by Starship
K-pop, J-pop, Hip-hop
- Off the Record
- AKS Co., Ltd
- Starship Entertainment
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent on her father’s side and has Taiwanese and Korean ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Wonyoung has done endorsement work for brands like SALEWA, Nexen mobile RPG game OVERHIT, Kirsh, SK Telecom, Eider, and Fred Joaillier.
- In July 2021, Jang was announced as the global ambassador of the natural cosmetics brand Innisfree.
- On July 18, 2022, she was selected as the ambassador for GOSPHERES.
Best Known For
- Being a former member of the South Korean-Japanese girl group called IZ*ONE that formed through a reality competition show Produce 48 on Mnet
- Being a member of the girl group, Ive
As a Singer
- Wonyoung debuted with the girl group IZ*ONE and her first extended play Color*Iz was released on October 29, 2018. It peaked at the number 1 spot on The Oricon Albums Chart in Japan, number 2 at the Gaon Album Chart in South Korea, number 3 on the Japan Billboard chart, and number 9 on the US Billboard chart.
- She has provided vocals to songs such as La Vie en Rose, Suki to Iwasetai, Memory, and many more.
- As a member of Ive, she released her debut single album, Eleven in December 2021.
First TV Show
Wonyoung made her TV show debut in Produce 48 as herself in 2018.
Jang Wonyoung Favorite Things
- Food – Spicy foods
- Ice Cream Flavor – Mint Chocolate
Jang Wonyoung Facts
- Wonyoung trained for 1 year and 2 months before making her official debut with the girl group, IZ*ONE.
- She made her official debut with the group on October 29, 2018, with the release of their first extended play Color*Iz.
- Jang is the youngest and tallest member of the group.
- She was also the youngest trainee in the show, Produce 48.
- Wonyoung was given the rank 1 on her birthday which was the same day as the Produce48 final.
- Apart from Korean, she is fluent in English.
- She specializes in girl’s hip-hop and has appeared in one of YDPP’s music videos in the past.
- Wonyoung is fond of spicy food.
- Along with the girl group Iz*One, she had been featured on the cover of magazines like Beauty Plus, Elle Korea, and Vogue Korea.
- In September 2021, she started working as the new host for Music Bank. In January 2023, it was confirmed that she would be stepping down from the Music Bank MC position.
- On December 1, 2021, Wonyoung officially debuted as a member of the girl group, Ive, under Starship Entertainment.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Jang Wonyoung had signed an exclusive contract with King Kong by Starship.
- In 2023, Wonyoung injured her arm during the shooting of the music video for the song I AM. She later had to get 7 stitches due to the injury.
- She does not have any individual social media handle.
Featured Image by Jang Wonyoung / Instagram