|Tasha Cobbs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tasha Cobbs is an American singer, songwriter, actress, author, and businesswoman. She is best known for her albums Grace (2013), One Place: Live (2015), and Heart. Passion. Pursuit (2017). Tasha also won a Grammy Award for “Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance” in 2014.
Natasha Tameika Cobbs
Tasha, Tot, Tasha Cobbs Leonard
Jesup, Georgia, United States
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Businesswoman, Actress, Author
- Father – Fritz Cobbs (He was a Bishop at the Jesup New Life Ministries) (Passed away in 2014)
- Mother – Bertha Cobbs (She was a Lady at the Jesup New Life Ministries)
- Siblings – Rashare “Sharé” Cobbs (Brother) (TV Personality)
- Others – Shanicka House (Cousin), Sarah Arnetta Lewis (Mother-in-Law), Keilah (Niece), Keziah Cobbs (Niece), Harmony (Niece), Jacquez (Nephew), Avery Jalia (Niece) (Child Model)
Tasha Cobbs is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
Gospel, Urban Contemporary Gospel, Contemporary Christian Music
- Universal Music Publishing Group
- Capitol Christian Music Group
- EMI Gospel
- Motown Gospel
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tasha Cobbs has dated –
- Kenneth “Kenny” Leonard Jr. (2009-Present) – She met pastor, TV personality, singer, songwriter, musical director, and businessman, Kenneth “Kenny” Leonard, in 2009, and they started dating soon after. They got married on March 3, 2017. Tasha was welcomed into the family by Kenneth’s 3 children. Their oldest daughter is named Alana “Lana” Nicole.
Note: Tasha has a son named Nehemiah (b. July 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Red’ in the past.
- Dimpled smile
- Nose piercing
Tasha Cobbs has endorsed brands such as –
- GOOD AMERICAN
- Fashion to Figure
- Emotive Vehicles
- Tropical Grille
Tasha Cobbs Favorite Things
- Book (In 2019) – When God Becomes Real (2019) by Brian Johnson
- Beauty Brands – Mac Cosmetics, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Urban Skin Rx
- Food – Macaroni & Cheese
Source – WoeMagazine.com
Tasha Cobbs Facts
- Her 1st singing experiences were tied with worship services at the Jesup New Life Ministries church her parents led. In her teen years, she oversaw the Music Ministry section.
- Her entire family would typically gather on weekends to sing harmonies and Tasha stated she had “no choice but to sing”.
- Growing up, her then-pastor, Bishop William Murphy, told her she would be “the worship bridge to all nations” when she grows up.
- In 2006, Tasha joined The dReam Center Church of Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia. Eventually, she rose to the position of a Worship Pastor.
- Her EP, Grace (2013), earned her a nomination for “Best Gospel Album” at the 56th Grammy Awards in 2014. Unfortunately, she lost to Greater Than (2013) by Tye Tribbett.
- Tasha, to help “front-liners fulfill their commission” and “create a place of escape for the worship leaders”, founded iLead Escape, a global ministry mentorship program.
- She underwent scrutiny for her homophobic views. In the original rendition of her song Break Every Chain (2012) she asked the Spirit to “come against the spirit of homosexuality”. Ironically, the song won a Grammy Award for “Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance” in 2013.
- Tasha was named “Gospel Artist of the Year” at the 2015 GMA Dove Awards.
- Nicki Minaj stated she was a big fan of Tasha in January 2015.
- As a businesswoman, Tasha has founded brands such as Curve Athletics and Fritz Eyewear.
- She suffered from depression and anxiety in the past.
- Tasha has been called “The Beyoncé of gospel music” by some fans.
- On May 6, 2018, she became a Worship Leader for Relentless Church in Greenville, South Carolina.
- In July 2018, she released her debut book titled Thoughts From Tasha’s Couch.
Featured Image by Tasha Cobbs / Instagram