|Jared Kushner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1981|
Jared Kushner is an American businessman and investor who served as a senior advisor to 45th U.S. president Donald Trump. He is also the founder of a private equity firm called Affinity Partners. Jared owns the Kushner Companies, Observer Media, and is also the co-founder and part owner of the online real-estate investment platform, Cadre. He has received several honors such as the National Security Medal and the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.
Jared Corey Kushner
Livingston, New Jersey, United States
Manhattan, New York, United States
Jared Kushner went to Frisch High School, a private Jewish institution in Paramus borough, New Jersey.
Post that, he enrolled at Harvard University from where he graduated in 2003 with an A.B. degree in Sociology.
Finally, he joined the New York University and graduated in 2007 with M.B.A. and J.D. degrees.
Businessman, Real Estate developer
- Father – Charles Kushner (Real Estate Developer)
- Mother – Seryl Kushner (Housewife, socialite)
- Siblings – Joshua Kushner (Younger Brother) (Businessman, Investor), Nicole Kushner (Younger Sister), Dara Kushner (Older Sister)
- Others – Murray Kushner (Paternal Uncle), Donald Trump (Father-in-law) (Businessman, Real Estate Developer, Hotelier, Politician), Ivana Trump (Mother-in-law)
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jared Kushner dated –
- Laura Englander (2006) – While studying at the New York University, Jared dated Laura Englander, who is the daughter of hedge fund mogul Israel Englander. They went out for around a year and were seen together at a number of public events including the premiere of the movie, Trust the Man in August 2006.
- Ivanka Trump (2007-Present) – Jared and former fashion model Ivanka Trump started dating in 2007 after having met through mutual friends. They courted each other for a period of 2 years before getting married at a lavish ceremony at the Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey in October 2009. They had briefly separated in 2008 due to religion. The couple is sometimes called J-Vanka. Ivanka changed her religious faith to Modern Orthodox Judaism before her marriage. However, they had to endure minor trouble in their relationship as they had to separate briefly in 2008. They have three children – one daughter Arabella Rose and two sons Joseph Frederick, and Theodore James.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Polish ancestry on his father’s side.
- Dimpled Cheeks
- Tall Stature
Jared is an Orthodox Jew.
Best Known For
- Being Donald Trump’s son-in-law.
- Being one of the most influential real estate businessmen in New York.
First TV Show
His first TV appearance was as himself in the romantic drama show Gossip Girl in just 1 episode in 2010.
Jared Kushner Facts
- While studying at New York University, he sold and bought real estate properties as a hobby and managed to turn over a tidy $20 million profit.
- In 2007, he created the record by buying 666 Fifth Avenue for $1.8 billion, which then became the most expensive single property purchase in US history.
- In July 2006, Jared bought the venerable New York Observer publication for $10 million, which mostly comprised of money he had earned during college.
- In early 2012, he made a bid at the Major League Basketball team, Los Angeles Dodgers before eventually withdrawing his bid.
- He reportedly acquired real estate worth $7 billion in New York over the space of 9 years starting from 2007.
- Jared’s admission to Harvard University was shrouded in controversy as it was alleged that he only got admitted because of his father’s $2.5 million donations.
- After graduating from New York University, he worked as an intern with Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau’s legal team.
- During Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, he assumed the unofficial role of campaign manager with a special focus on social media management.
- He was also reported to be behind the selection of Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his father-in-law’s running mate in the 2016 elections.
- Before joining the Republicans, he was a steady contributor to the Democratic party cause, contributing over $100,000 over the space of 15 years.
- Jared stepped down from the CEO position of Kushner Companies in 2017. Also, he had to step down from the position of publisher at Observer magazine after he became a senior White House advisor in January 2017.
- Under the Trump administration, he didn’t take any salary.
- While at Harvard University in the freshman year, he was a member of the Institute of Politics. This was his only experience in politics before joining the Trump administration.
- During the Trump Presidential campaign, Jared is given the credit for being the mastermind for running successful social media campaigns.
- His dad Charles was jailed for evading tax, and some illegal campaign donations in 2008. So, Jared had to handle the family business at that time.
- In 2019, Jared was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. He later underwent surgery to remove a “substantial part” of his thyroid.
- In November 2020, his kids were expelled from the school due to an anti-mask stance.
- In 2021, he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his contribution in negotiating 4 deals between Israel and Arab nations.
- From January 1, 2020, until January 21, 2021, as per Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), Jared and his wife Ivanka earned between $23,791,645 and $120,676,949 in outside income.
- In July 2021, it was revealed that Ivanka and Jared had purchased a Florida-based 8,510-square-feet house for $24 million.
- In August 2022, Jared released his memoir, Breaking History: A White House Memoir.