|Jasika Nicole Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1980|
Jasika Nicole is an American actress and illustrator who is widely recognized for her lead role as Agent Astrid Farnsworth on the Fox science fiction series Fringe (2008–2013). She has also been featured in several films including She’s Out of My League (2010). Jasika has amassed more than 65k followers on Instagram.
Jasika Nicole Pruitt
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
She studied theatre, dance, voice as well as studio art at Catawba College in Salisbury in North Carolina. After that, she shifted to New York City and began pursuing her career in acting.
- Siblings – She has 4 younger siblings.
She has been represented by John Essay of Essay Management.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Claire Savage – She tied the knot with her long-time partner, photographer Claire, on October 5, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
She is of African-American descent on her father’s side of the family and of European descent on her mother’s side.
- Mole above her lips
- Cheerful smile
- Freckles on her face
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Fodzyme.
Jasika Nicole Favorite Things
- Hobby – Drawing
- Musical Band – Brockhampton having found the rapping boy group incredible
Source – IMDb
Jasika Nicole Facts
- She was brought up in Birmingham, Alabama.
- She has pronounced her name as “jah-see-kuh”.
- Jasika has recalled that having grown up in a mixed-race family in Alabama, she got influenced largely by her environment was almost all white, and anti-black. She would notice that her light skin and the fact that she was biracial gave her the point of view that many black girls her age never had when it came to the way others would treat them. She would dislike how people would tell her that she was pretty, as she had lighter skin, and would never give the same compliment to her black cousin.
- Jasika has pointed out that actors, writers, or politicians are never given the space that they need, to be their fully formed selves.
- Jasika had gotten into sewing clothes as when she was an art minor in college, she had to take a design class, and she did not wish to do lights or sound. She had thought that the costume design class sounded like fun and had shown up to the class, but disliked the design aspect of it. However, she had been amazed by the construction part of it.
- Outside of films and TV, she has been an avid craftsperson, having relished writing essays and blog posts on intersectional feminism in the crafting world. She has cherished sewing her own clothes, including shoes, pants, jackets, and undergarments, making shoes, building as well as reupholstering furniture, and drawing and penning her own webcomics.
- Jasika has sometimes felt like the typical grandmother when she has enjoyed yarn, knitting, and fabric.
- She has grouped her comics, which have been mostly autobiographical, under the title High Yella Magic. Her comic called Closetalkers has been about the flowering of the relationship between two women who are long-time buddies and roommates when it is found that one is infatuated with the other.
- She has loved wooden shoes.
Featured Image by Jasika Nicole / Instagram