|Jason Lee Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1970|
Jason Lee is an American professional skateboarder turned actor turned photographer who is best known for playing the role of Earl Hickey in the NBC sitcom, My Name is Earl (2005–2009) and David Seville in Alvin and the Chipmunks kids’ movie franchise (2007, 2009, 2011, 2015).
Jason Michael Lee
Santa Ana, California, United States
Denton, Texas, United States
Jason studied at Ocean View High School in Huntington Beach, California. He dropped out before graduating to become a professional skateboarder.
Former Professional Skateboarder, Actor, Voice-over Artist, Director, Producer, Entrepreneur, Screenwriter, Comedian, Photographer
- Father – Gregory E. Lee aka Greg (Car Dealership Manager)
- Mother – Carol Lynn Weaver (Homemaker)
- Siblings – James Lee (Older Brother)
He is represented by –
- ICM Partners
- Imagine Artist Management
- Ken Richman, Hansen Jacobson Law firm
- Nancy Iannios, Core PR (Publicist)
6 ft 1.5 cm or 186.5 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Marissa Ribisi (1990s) – Jason dated actress Marissa for 4 years during his career as a professional skateboarder. She is his then talent manager, Gay Ribisi’s daughter, and introduced him to the religion of Scientology.
- Celeste Moreno (1992–1993) – He was rumored to be dating an animator/illustrator in the early 1990s.
- Carmen Llywelyn (1994–2001) – Jason met actress, Carmen in 1994 and the couple got married after dating for a year. They got divorced in 2001 after 6 years of marriage. Carmen publicly professed that their relationship broke down due to her resistance to all-consuming involvement in Scientology.
- Beth Jean Riesgraf (2001–2007) – Jason was in a relationship with actress, Beth for 6 years. The couple was formerly engaged. Together they have a son named Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf Lee (b. September 2003). His son’s name was frequently in the news for being unique. Jason mentioned that it was inspired after a song by indie rockers, Grandaddy.
- Ceren Alkac (2008–Present) – The actor got married to the Australian Turkish model in July 2008. Together they have 3 children – a daughter named Casper (b. August 2008), a son named Sonny (b. June 2012), and another daughter named Alberta aka Birdy (b. February 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
Due to his advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Has a recognizable raspy voice
- Deep-set, hooded, downturned eyes
- Flared nostrils
- He promotes his twin companies Stereo Skateboard and Stereo Sounds Clothing as co-owner with fellow skater & business partner Chris “Dune” Pastras.
- He also promotes the brewpub named Barley & Board in Denton, Texas as the one-fifth co-owner.
- Jason earned an endorsement deal with Airwalk shoes when he was a pro-skateboarder. He also flew to Malaysia in the mid-90s to do skateboarding double work for a British Petroleum commercial.
- He was cast in TV commercials for Vonage (2009) telecommunications and Outdoor Life Networks’ broadcast of the Tour de France (2004).
- Jason was a devout Scientologist since the 1990s. In 2016, he revealed in an interview that he and his wife had stopped practicing Scientology.
- His 2nd son, Sonny (b. 2012) was reportedly baptized at St Thomas the Apostle, an Episcopal church in Hollywood, but the actor has not publicly confirmed his restored faith in Christianity.
Jason Lee Favorite Things
- Band – Midlake (From Denton, Texas), Interpol
- Music Album – Blue Bell Knoll (1988) by Cocteau Twins
- Photography Medium – 8×10 Polaroid film
- Polaroid Film/Camera – Polaroid 804, Polaroid Land Camera 250
Source – Diffuser.fm, EW, XGames.com, JasonLeeFilm.com
Jason Lee Facts
- He started skateboarding at the age of 5 and got interested in BMX racing even before his teens.
- Jason was a pro-skateboarder for 7 years (1989 to 1995) and perfected the advanced trick of 360-flip also called tre-flip.
- Lee can play the guitar. He used to write and record music and formerly belonged to a band called Chiaroscuro.
- He passed on the memorable role of Earl Hickey twice before agreeing to read the pilot script. Jason had formerly worked with David Schwimmer and saw how he was typecast as his character of Ross in Friends. He wanted to avoid the same trappings of a TV character.
- The thriller-comedy, Barton Fink (1991) directed by the Coen brothers inspired him to consider acting as a profession.
Featured Image by Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0