|Jason Plato Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1967|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Jason Plato is a British racing driver, author, and television personality who has been BTCC Champion, in 2001 for Vauxhall and 2010 for Silverline Chevrolet, and has also held the record for the most overall race wins in the BTCC.
Timothy Jason Plato
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Jason Plato studied at Chillingham Road Primary School and the King’s School located in Tynemouth.
Racing Driver, Television Personality, Author
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason Plato has dated –
- Sophie (2006-Present) – He got married to Sophie in 2006 and the duo parents 2 daughters, namely, Alena (b. April 28, 2008) and Zia Jessica (b. February 24, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Often wears glasses
- Deep-socketed eyes
He has served as the brand ambassador for Tesco Momentum 99 Fuel, Jigsaw24, and AMX Home Automation Systems.
Jason Plato Facts
- Alongside Tiff Needell and Vicki Butler-Henderson, he has appeared as a co-presenter for the Channel 5 motoring television magazine series, Fifth Gear.
- In October 2007, Jason Plato was involved in an accident while filming for Fifth Gear at Bruntingthorpe proving ground in a Caparo T1 supercar. Describing his injuries, he said, “The back of my neck is burnt and so are my face and hands. I obviously couldn’t take my hands off the steering wheel whilst braking and my right hand is more badly burnt than my left.”
- He is a qualified pilot who owned a Piper Malibu Mirage to commute from his former home in Monaco.
- Jason Plato released his autobiography titled How Not to Be a Professional Racing Driver on September 19, 2019.
Featured Image by Cs-wolves / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0