|Jelena Rozga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1977|
Jelena Rozga is a Croatian singer and songwriter who is widely regarded as one of the best and most popular singers of her era not just in the country, but in the nearby European region which includes nations such as Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Slovenia. She had served as the lead singer of the Croatian pop band Magazin from 1996 to 2006 and recorded the albums Nebo boje moje ljubavi (1996), Da si ti ja (1998), Minus i plus (2000), S druge strane mjeseca (2002), and Paaa..? (2004). After leaving the band, she had embarked on a solo career and released the albums Oprosti mala (2006), Bižuterija (2011), Best of (2012), and Moderna žena (2016). The first and last of those albums had peaked at number 1 on the Croatian albums chart.
Split, Dalmatia, Croatia
Split, Dalmatia, Croatia
- Father – Ante Rozga
- Mother – Marija Rozga
- Siblings – Julija Rozga (Older Sister)
She is represented by Gordana Labovic, PR Agent.
Pop, Folk, Electropop
- Croatia Records
- Hit Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jelena has dated –
- Stjepan Hauser (2015–2017) – Jelena Rozga had started dating Croatian cellist Stjepan Hauser in 2015 and the couple had also got engaged to each other. However, they had parted ways in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Croatian descent.
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
Jelena has served as the brand ambassador for the French cosmetics brand Garnier in 9 Eastern European countries.
She has been featured in the TV commercials for brands and services such as –
- Sberbanke BH
- Liu Jo
- Seat Hrvatska
- Max Factor
Jelena Rozga Facts
- Jelena, as a child, was insistent on becoming a ballet dancer and had started training under the guidance of renowned Croatian choreographer Lepa Smoje, from the age of 7. While in high school, she had auditioned to join the ballet ensemble of the Croatian National Theatre in Zagreb and was accepted by the commission.
- In 2006, she had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which later caused her to suffer from skin problems, fatigue, and weight loss. She has, since, undergone hormonal therapy daily to treat her condition.
- She has been a vocal supporter of women’s rights to abortion, gender equality, and fair treatment towards the LGBTQ community.
- She has also been an ardent advocate for the integration of the ethnic minority Romani community in the local educational system and protection of their human rights. In 2013, she had participated in a concert through which funds were raised for the education of the community’s members. In 2017, she had participated in a roundtable conference titled Gelem, Gelem – World4Them where means were discussed for the further upliftment of the community.
- At the Grand Prix – Split Music Festival, she had won the ‘Most Played Song After a Year’ for the songs – Gospe moja (2008), Daj šta daš (2009), Rodit ću ti ‘ćer i sina (2010), and Razmažena (2012). She had also won the ‘Hit of the Year’ award at the 2011 Porin Awards for the song Bižuterija.
Featured Image by Jelena Rozga / Instagram