|Jenifer Rajkumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jenifer Rajkumar is an Indian-American politician, civil rights lawyer, and professor who is a Democrat and member of the New York State Assembly from the 38th district, under which she represents the Queens neighborhoods of Glendale, Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Ridgewood, and Woodhaven.
New York City, New York, United States
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Jenifer graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies from the University of Pennsylvania. Later, she went on to study to pursue her Doctor of Law – JD at Stanford Law School.
Politician, Civil Rights Lawyer, Professor
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- She mostly wears outfits with the color red.
Jenifer Rajkumar Facts
- She is a first-generation American.
- Her mother was born in a mud hut back in India.
- Rajkumar and her family moved to the United States with just $300 and a suitcase and eventually settled in Queens.
- She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania magna cum laude, phi beta kappa for which she received the Alice Paul Award for her exemplary service to women and families.
- Jenifer is particularly fond of the color red and can be seen wearing an outfit of the color in most of her social media posts.
- She had been appointed as a professor at the City University of New York in 2015.
- Jenifer became the first Indian American woman to ever be elected as the District Leader of the 65th District of the New York State Assembly. She was re-elected two more times in 2013 and 2015. While elected as the leader, Jenifer led the effort to bring the M9 bus service back to Battery Park City in Lower Manhattan.
- In 2016, Jenifer ran for the New York State Assembly in the 65th District.
Featured Image By Amritkaur17 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0