|Jenna McCorkell Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|September 15, 1986
|Kevin van der Perren
Jenna McCorkell is a British figure skater who is an 11 time British national champion as of August 2020 and is the winner of several senior international medals, including gold at the Ondrej Nepela Memorial and Ice Challenge. She was placed in the 8th position at the European Championships in 2008 and in the 14th at the World Championships in 2010 as well as 2012 and she also competed at the Winter Olympics in 2010 and 2014.
Coleraine, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Father – Craig McCorkell
- Mother – Ainsley McCorkell
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Kevin van der Perren (2008-Present) – She tied the knot with Belgian skater Kevin van der Perren on May 17, 2008. They have a son named Ben (b. August 27, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Oval face
- Sharp nose
- Cheerful smile
- Defined jawline
Jenna McCorkell Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Shopping, Listening to music, Gymming
- Reason She Has Loved Skating – She has felt free on the ice
- Pros Of The New Judging System According To Her – The skater is never at any limit and can always try more and do a lot more with the increased number of goals
Jenna McCorkell Facts
- She started skating at the age of 7.
- When she was a child, she would be driven by her family from her residence in Coleraine in the wee hours of the morning to Dundonald Ice Bowl in east Belfast so she could practice her skating. After that, she would come back to the northwest in time to attend her school before often repeating the same trip in the evening when her lessons were done.
- Jenna has recalled that in her childhood, she was addicted to skating from the beginning and used to want to do every public session and every single club hour, and when she was 10 years old, she became the youngest skater to ever make the Great Britain team.
- She has recollected how when she had performed for the first time she had been so excited that she could not wait to get her dress on. She has reflected that it changes a lot with age and although after growing up she has still felt an element of the thrill she would experience as a child each time she has competed, it used to be even more fun when she was young as there were no worries or pressure or stress then, but only the pure excitement of bouncing on the ice.
- Jenna is the founder of the clothing line named Chique Sport.
- She has affirmed that things were not as daring when her obsession with figure skating had begun. She has pointed to how nowadays the skater has to take off, jump up, and turn around thrice in the air, all in a split second, and has to be absolutely straight to ensure that landing happens on that tiny blade of a few millimeters. With not much leeway to be out of balance, it has demanded an extraordinary amount of strength, balance as well as coordination for performing perfectly.
Featured Image by Jenna McCorkell / Instagram