|Phillip Phillips Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1990|
Phillip Phillips is an American singer, songwriter, and actor who had shot to fame in 2012 when he had won the 11th season of the popular singing competition-based reality TV show American Idol. His coronation song, titled Home (2012), had gone on to become the best-selling song in American Idol history and had been certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). He has released the studio albums The World from the Side of the Moon (November 2012), Behind the Light (May 2014), and Collateral (January 2018). The first of those albums had been certified ‘Platinum’ by both RIAA and Music Canada.
Phillip LaDon Phillips Jr.
Albany, Dougherty County, Georgia, United States
Phillip had attended the Lee County High School in Leesburg, Georgia. He had then joined the Albany Technical College, a public community college in Georgia, and had graduated from there in 2012 with a major in Industrial Systems Technology.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Phillip LaDon ‘Donnie’ Phillips, Sr.
- Mother – Sheryl Phillips (née Jacks)
- Siblings – LaDonna Urick (née Phillips) (Older Sister), Lacey Neil (née Phillips) (Older Sister)
- Others – Benjamin Neil (Brother-in-Law), Todd Urick (Brother-in-Law), JD Blackwell (Brother-in-Law), Kayanne Blackwell (Mother-in-Law), David Blackwell (Father-in-Law), Gerald Leonard Phillips (Paternal Grandfather), Annie Marie Casey (Paternal Grandmother), Benjamin W. ‘Ben’ Jacks, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy ‘Aileen’ Wilson (Maternal Grandmother)
Pop Rock, Folk Rock, Country music, Rock, Folk, Indie Rock
- 19 Recordings Inc.
- Interscope Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Phillip has dated –
- Hannah Blackwell (2009-Present) – Phillip had started dating Hannah Blackwell in 2009 when they were both college students. They eventually got engaged on December 26, 2014, and were married on October 24, 2015, at the Resora Plantation in Albany, Georgia. They have a son together named Patch Shepherd Phillips (b. November 10, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, Scottish, and distant French descent.
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a thin beard
Phillip Phillips Facts
- He had started playing the guitar from the age of 14 and was trained by his friend and brother-in-law, Benjamin Neil. He has often credited Benjamin for his growth and development in the field of music.
- In 2009, he, Benjamin, and Todd Urick (Phillip’s other brother-in-law) had created a band that used to perform at local events. The group was named the ‘Phillip Phillips Band’. A year later, Phillip had won a local singing competition called ‘Albany Star’.
- In 2012, he was forced to miss his graduation ceremony at Albany Technical College due to his appearance obligations to American Idol. He used to work at his family’s pawn shop before he had auditioned for American Idol. Before American Idol, he had also auditioned for the 2nd season of America’s Got Talent.
- After the end of the shooting for American Idol, he had undergone reconstructive surgery on his kidney as he had been suffering from a congenital kidney condition.
- In January 2018, he had made a cameo appearance, in the role of a diamond smuggler, in an episode of the TV series Hawaii Five-0.
Featured Image by Phillip Phillips / Instagram