|Jenny Nicholson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1991|
Jenny Nicholson is an American voice actress, TV personality, writer, and social media star best known for her YouTube channel of the same name which has amassed a fanbase of more than 500k subscribers and more than 50 million views. She created the channel on April 2, 2009, and uploaded her 1st video 2 years later, on April 4, 2011, titled Voldemort Isn’t Funny which was a foreshadowing of what her channel’s content would focus on. Jenny established a consistent uploading schedule on May 4, 2016, which was celebrated as the Star Wars day, with a video about the same movie franchise. On top of Star Wars, her videos expanded to commentary, criticism, and discussion of movies, TV shows, and franchises such as Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Harry Potter, Fifty Shades of Gray, Beauty and the Beast, Spiderman: Homecoming, It, My Little Pony: The Movie, Justice League, and The Greatest Showman.
She also commented on terrible Christmas movies, reality-TV shows, books, and typically did a cosplay of the characters she discussed. Jenny is also a voice actress and co-writer for the fanmade parody of the animated TV series My Little Pony that she titled Friendship is Witchcraft. She created the series in collaboration with Griffin Lewis, who did editing, music, and some of the voices, and uploaded 10 episodes between June 2011 and June 2015 to their collaborative YouTube channel, SherclopPones, later named AstrumSpark. Jenny also appeared as ‘Herself’ in a segment of a television talk-show, @midnight in 2017, hosted by Chris Hardwick and web series, Screen Junkies Movie Fights, between 2017 and 2018. She also uploaded vlogs and behind-the-scene content to her secondary YouTube channel, Terrible Snakedog.
Jennifer Elizabeth Nicholson
Jenny, Jenny E. Nicholson, Spider Jewel
San Mateo County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Social Media Star, Writer, TV Personality, Voice Actress
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Jenny Nicholson is represented by Vidward (Talent Agent) in Portland, Oregon, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
Best Known For
- Her social media fanbase with more than 500k subscribers on the YouTube channel of the same name and more than 100k followers on Twitter
- Her dry and sarcastic sense of humor and honest commentary or review of movies, TV shows, books, video games, and theme parks
First Web Show
Jenny Nicholson made her first web show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode titled Aladdin vs The Little Mermaid vs The Lion King of the talk-show series Screen Junkies Movie Fights in March 2017.
As a voice actress, Jenny Nicholson made her first web show appearance as Twilight Sparkle/Rarity/Pinkie Pie/Applejack/Fluttershy/Spike/Mrs. Cake/Parasprites in an episode titled The Perfect Swarm of the short comedy series Friendship Is Witchcraft in June 2011.
First TV Show
Jenny Nicholson made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode of the comedy, game-show series @midnight in July 2017.
Jenny Nicholson Favorite Things
- Place – Theme Parks
- Animal – Horse
- Activity – Horse Riding
Jenny Nicholson Facts
- Her 1st post when she created her Instagram account in June 2014 was a picture of a paper with her handwriting, stating: “I don’t like Instagram”.
- Her video titled Suicide Squad Sales Pitch published on August 14, 2016, became her most-watched video with more than 3 million views on YouTube. In it, Jenny gave her honest opinion on the movie Suicide Squad (2016), starring Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Cara Delevingne, Jared Leto, Ike Barinholtz, Ezra Miller, and others.
- She was described as both part of the Star Wars fandom, but also as someone that loves to tear into the fandom and give honest criticism and opinion, however unpopular.
- She never liked Tony Stark/Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr., in the 3-movie franchise but liked the movies themselves. Jenny never understood that his excuse for being rude and dismissive was being rich, powerful, and a “douchebag with a heart of gold”.
- She acknowledged that the time travel in The Avengers: Endgame (2019) made no sense to her.
- Jenny has numerous Porg dolls and toys, which were sea-dwelling bird creatures that made their 1st appearance in the movie Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (2015). She also rated them all in a video published in June 2018.
- Despite publishing the video titled Cleaning Horse ASMR in July 2016, she uploaded a video titled Top 10 Reasons I Won’t Do ASMR ASMR in March 2017, due to it being such a popular request. Both were clearly a joke and contained her dry sense of humor and Jenny stated that she doesn’t feel any stimuli from videos and wouldn’t know how to create ASMR if she couldn’t test it on herself. She does enjoy the sounds of nature such as rainfall or forest at night.
- Despite being a fan of cosplay and mascots at theme parks, Jenny is creeped out by the Mickey Mouse that swims underwater. The mascot was featured at the main tank of The Seas pavilion at Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort’s theme park in June 2019.
- Jenny jokingly stated that once she hits a number of 100k followers on Twitter, she can finally feel happy. She reached that milestone on September 23, 2019.
- On October 2, 2019, she became the 100th most subscribed creator on Patreon, a well-known subscription platform.
- Visit her official website @ jennywebsite.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitch, YouTube, 2nd YouTube, and 3rd YouTube.
Featured Image by Jenny Nicholson / Instagram