|Jermaine Jones Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jermaine Jones is an American former professional soccer player who is best known for his career as a defensive midfielder for teams like Eintracht Frankfurt, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke 04, Beşiktaş, New England Revolution, LA Galaxy, and Ventura County Fusion. During the course of his career, he had participated in numerous tournaments such as Champions League, Europa League, and Major Arena Soccer League. He announced his retirement from playing professionally on February 20, 2020.
Jermaine Junior Jones
Frankfurt am Main, West Germany
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Halbert Jones
- Mother – Barbara Jones
Jones is signed with WMG.
Midfielder (Attacking Midfielder)
He has also played as a Defensive Midfielder.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jermaine Jones married Sarah Gerth in 2007. Jermaine and Sarah are parents of Keanu, Liya-Joelle, Kenyon, Junius, and Jadee-Mae (Total 5 children).
Race / Ethnicity
Jermaine’s father is born American while his mother is born German.
- Dreads hairstyle
- Beard (French cut)
- Numerous tattoos
Jermaine has appeared in TV adverts for Nutella alongside Manuel Neuer, Tobias Weis, and Simon Rolfes, and Under Armor.
Best Known For
His time with the Bundesliga team Schalke 04 (2007-2014).
First Soccer Match
Jones first performed for Eintracht Frankfurt’s second team in 2000.
Jermaine debuted for Blackburn Rovers on January 23, 2011 in a 2-0 victory over WBA (West Bromwich Albion).
He had his debut for Colorado Rapids on April 16, 2016.
Jones earned his first international cap playing for USA against Poland in 2010.
- Direct free-kicks
- Long shots
- Aerial duels
- Defensive contribution
Jermaine has not acted in a theatrical movie yet. He was though seen in the sports documentary The Team in 2014.
Despite we could not find any specific details on Jermaine’s workout and diet regimes, we managed to find one video of him doing yoga.
The video can be seen below.
Jermaine Jones Facts
- Jermaine’s father served in the U.S. Army and was based in West Germany.
- During his youth, Jones changed his living place between Chicago, Illinois, and Greenwood, Mississippi.
- After his parents got divorced, Jermaine went to live with his mother in Frankfurt, Germany.
- He began his soccer career at the youth club SV Bonames from where he later transferred to FV Bad Vilbel in 1994.
- In 1995, Jones joined Eintracht Frankfurt’s academy. While in the academy, Jermaine played as a central defensive midfielder.
- In 2007, Jermaine signed a deal with Schalke 04.
- On January 18, 2011, Jones was officially sent on a loan period to the English Premier League club Blackburn Rovers.
- He returned to Schalke 04 in July 2011.
- On January 30, 2014, Jones shifted to the Turkish team Besiktas.
- On August 24, 2014, Jermaine penned an 18 months deal worth $4.7 million with Major League Soccer team New England Revolution.
- He got traded to Colorado Rapids on March 4, 2016.
- Jones has played for the German U-21 squad. He has also played in 3 matches for the senior national team of Germany before he decided to switch and play for the United States.
- He holds German and American citizenship.