|Jerome Flynn Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1963|
Jerome Flynn is an English actor and singer who is best known for being cast as Bronn in the Game of Thrones, Bennet Drake in Ripper Street (2012-2016), and Paddy Garvey in Soldier Soldier (1991-1997). He has also starred in several films such as A Summer Story (1988), Best (2000), and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (2019). To everyone’s surprise, the anointed knight of Blackwater is also an incredible pop singer who was very well-known under the title Robson & Jerome during the mid-90s.
Jerome Patrick Flynn
Bromley, Kent, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jerome studied at the The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in Swiss Cottage. He also studied at The Wildernesse School in Sevenoaks, Kent.
- Father – Eric Flynn (Actor, Singer)
- Mother – Fern Flynn (Drama Teacher)
- Siblings – Daniel Flynn (Older Brother) (Actor), Kerry Flynn (Sister)
- Others – Johnny Flynn (Younger Half-brother) (Musician, Actor), Lillie Flynn (Younger Half-sister) (Actor, Musician)
Jerome is represented by Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
He has released his music with RCA Records and BMG Entertainment International UK & Ireland Ltd.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jerome has dated –
- Anna Jacobs – Jerome and his longtime girlfriend Anna Jacobs were dating one another during the 90s. At that time, the couple had also been involved in Andrew Cohen’s sect. Prior to that, they had been together for 2 years. According to sources, the couple joined the cult as a result of Anna’s miscarriage of their twins 4 months into her pregnancy. However, when spoken to, Anna told the press, that Jerome had already known about the cult long before they lost their children. While in the cult they dated for 4 years until Anna finally lost belief in the teachings and resigned. After which, their relationship lost its foundation and went down a rocky path until finally coming to an end 2 years later.
- Lena Headey (2014) – In 2014, co-star Lena Headey and Jerome were romantically linked to each other. The two are said to hate one another and can’t stand the sight of each other. So much so that, their enmity can also be seen on the Game Of Thrones as they do not speak to one another.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry.
Jerome has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
He is a strong believer of Balinese guru Ratu Bagus.
Previously, he was a member of Andrew Cohen’s sect.
Best Known For
- Being nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor for Ripper Street (2012)
- Playing the important portrayal of Ser Bronn of Blackwater in the Game Of Thrones
- Having sung a co-created version of the song Unchained Melody which earned number spot on the UK charts during the late ’90s
- Being cast as Bronn in Game Of Thrones, Bennet Drake in Ripper Street (2012-2016), and Paddy Garvey in Soldier Soldier (1991-1997)
Jerome contributed his vocals to the release of the duo’s debut studio album under the title Robson & Jerome in November 1995. The album consisted of a total of 13 recreated legendary songs. Some of them were Unchained Melody, Up on the Roof, If I Can Dream, and Little Latin Lupe Lu. It also pioneered the UK charts as well as the Scottish charts.
Jerome made his theatrical film debut as Joe Narracombe in A Summer Story in 1988.
As a voice actor, he made debut as Doctor Gachet in the bio-pic Loving Vincent in 2017.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Kurt in American Playhouse in 1985.
As a voice actor, he lent his voice to the character of Daniel in Tommy Zoom in 2007.
Jerome believes in finding inner peace through the meditational techniques of Ratu Bagus. As for his diet, he is a complete vegetarian.
Jerome Flynn Facts
- As a child, he would spend his family holidays in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
- In the 1990s, he moved into a Georgian house along with his friends and has lived there ever since.
- Jerome’s father Eric was born on Hainan Island, China. Jerome looked up to his father for inspiration.
- While studying at The Wildernesse School, he played on the schools’ rugby team.
- He was 18 years old when he turned vegan. Later, he joined the Vegetarian Society and also became a member of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- In 1996, Jerome and Robson Green released a second studio album titled Take Two which also peaked the UK and Scottish Albums Chart and placed 14th on the New Zealand Music Chart.
- Prior to being offered the role of Bronn in Game Of Thrones, Jerome wanted to drop acting in-order-to pay more attention towards building his almost torn down Georgian farmhouse. However, the inspirational theatrical performance of his brother Daniel’s got him back on course.
- Jerome would often feel as though the character of Bronn was an imitation of himself. That is also that is also one of the reasons why he cleared the auditions effortlessly.
- He is very passionate about animals. In 2016, he rescued an abandoned cat and gave it a home. He named her Sarla.
- After giving up his musical career, Jerome joined a cult led by Andrew Cohen and shelved his career in acting for almost 8 years.
- His love of animals was inherited from his mother. She would often rescue injured animals and provided them shelter until they were healthy again.
- Towards the end of his schooling year at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, he had joined a band called the Carte Blanche.
- In the past, Jerome and his co-star Robson Green released a cover of the song Unchained Melody (Originally sung by Alex North and written by Hy Zaret) that pioneered the UK charts for 49 days and was later titled the best-selling single of 1995.
- Visit his official website @ jeromeflynn.com.
- Follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
Featured Image by (kats onstage / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0)