Jessica Hannah Glynne
Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom
Jess completed her A-levels from Fortismere School in North London in 2008.
She has also attended East London College to complete a music course of one year.
- Father – Real estate agent
- Mother – Worked in A&R in the music industry
- Siblings – Unknown
Jess is signed to these agencies –
- Coda Music Agency
- UROK Management
Dance-pop, soul, house, R&B
Black Butter, Atlantic Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend
She has not publicly revealed about her relationships. She once dated a woman, though who broke her heart and post that, she has not publicly dated anyone else.
Race / Ethnicity
She has dyed her hair ‘Red.’
She may be Bisexual as she had once dated a woman.
- Curly hair
- Sparkling blue eyes
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Her shoe size is not listed.
She endorsed Bench (Fashion Wear) in 2015.
Her “Family Gatherings” song was also featured in Coca Cola commercial in 2015.
Best Known For
Appearing on Clean Bandit’s track “Rather Be” and Route 94’s “My Love.” Both of these tracks reached #1 in 2014 on the UK Singles Chart.
She is also known for her album, I Cry When I Laugh.
Jess released her first album I Cry When I Laugh on August 21, 2015 via Atlantic Records.
It charted at #1 in UK, #3 Ireland and #10 in Italy’s music chart.
It got the certification of “Gold” in Britain.
The standard version of the album consists of 14 singles, which provides it with a total length of roughly 50 minutes.
She has not appeared in a theatrical movie yet.
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared in news show Access Hollywood as herself (Singer) in their episode dated April 21, 2014.
Due to her busy schedule, she does not get much time to workout. Though, she has worked with fitness studio 1Rebel to create a high intensity limited edition workout for the people called “Smart Rebel.”
Jess Glynne Favorite Things
- Haircare Products – Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner
Source – InStyle
Jess Glynne Facts
- Jess Glynne takes inspiration from Julianne Moore and Julia Roberts for maintaining her red hair.
- She supports LGBT community.
- Jess was born in Hampstead but grew up in Muswell Hill, North London.
- When Glynne was 15, she applied for the reality television music contest The X Factor but got rejected.
- Before becoming a mainstream singer, she has worked at a fitness center, a boutique and even at a hairdresser.
- She met musician Jin Jin and producer Bless Beats when she was studying at East London college.
- When she signed a music contract with Atlantic Records in August 2013, she was working at a drinks company as their brand manager.
- Black Butter Records was the first record label with which she signed a deal.
- Frank Ocean and Amy Winehouse have influenced her music career.
- She improved her vocals and got inspired from artists such as Aretha Franklin, Destiny’s Child, Etta James, Sam Cooke, and Whitney Houston.
- Her songwriting is inspired by artists like Eminem, Jay-Z, and Kendrick Lamar.
- She started writing songs after listening to Lauryn Hill’s The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.
- In July 2015, Jess had a vocal surgery due to which she had to cancel some of her shows.
- In 2015, she was featured in Tinie Tempah‘s single “Not Letting Go.”
- Visit her official website @ jessglynne.co.uk.
- Hear more from Jess on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud, Google+, and YouTube.