Jessica Rose Brown Findlay
Cookham, Berkshire, England
East London, England, United Kingdom
She went to Furze Platt Senior School in Maidenhood.
Simultaneously, she trained in ballet with the National Youth Ballet and the globally renowned Royal Ballet School.
After taking her GCSEs, Ballet won Jessica a full scholarship to the Arts Educational School, Hertfordshire to take her A-level exams. A miscalculated ankle surgery in the second year of her A-levels made Jessica quit ballet and she enrolled in a Fine Art course at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
- Father – Christopher Brown Findlay (Financial Advisor)
- Mother – Beverly Findlay (Teacher’s Assistant)
- Siblings – Unknown
Jessica is represented by –
- Troika Talent
- Management 360
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Thomas Campbell (2010-2012) – Her only publicly known relationship is with fellow actor, Thomas whom she met while taking acting classes at Central Saint Martins College. They broke up after dating for two years.
Race / Ethnicity
Primarily, Jessica has Scottish and English ancestry. She might also have a distant connection to Irish and Welsh lineage.
- Oval Face
- Flawless Cheeks
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Jessica’s most talked about ad campaign was for UK jeweler, Dominic Jones. Her famous photoshoot required her to dress up in 18th-century lace-wear and dramatic gothic makeup to showcase aristocratic gold jewelry which was a part of Dominic Jones’ Fall/Winter Collection, 2012.
Best Known For
Playing Lady Sybil Crawley in hit British TV series Downtown Abbey from 2010 to 2012.
She first appeared in a 2009 short film Man on a Motorcycle for her role as “Girl In Bed”.
However, her first feature film was Albatross in 2011.
First TV Show
In 2009, Jessica was seen in an episode of E4 comedy drama series Misfits for her role as Rachel.
Over the years, Jessica never discussed her exercise and diet regime. Even when people inquired if she trained any differently or altered her diet for a nude scene, she dismissively claimed that she continued to drink pints and eat burgers.
She flashed her upper body in Albatross (2011) and had a brief, fleeting, nude scene in the mini-series Labyrinth in 2012. In defense of those roles, Jessica asserted that actresses should remain “honest and natural” and not workout for hours in the gym.
In March 2017, she finally confessed that she was suffering from an eating disorder since the age of 14 and overcame it with the help of extensive therapy.
Jessica Brown Findlay Favorite Things
- Film – Clueless (1995)
- Book – How to Be a Woman (By Caitlin Moran)
- Designer – Alessandra Rich
- Dish – Her Grandma’s Spaghetti Meatballs & Steak at The Wolseley, Mayfair, London
- Band – George Harrison & Bon Iver
- Song – My Sweet Lord by George Harrison
- Place – Soho in London
- City – New York City
- Club – The Lexington on Pentonville Road, London
- Shop – Liberty London
- Number – 3
Source – Style.yahoo, Glamour, Vogue, Radiotimes, Standard
Jessica Brown Findlay Facts
- She started learning ballet at the age of two and a half years and seriously pursued it from the age of 8 to 18 years.
- Ballet dancers are expected to stay lean and light on their feet. At 14, Jessica gave in to the pressure and developed an eating disorder which she battled for more than 10 years.
- At 15, she got the opportunity to perform with world-renowned Russian Ballet Company, Kirov at the Royal Opera House for the entire summer.
- At the age of 19, Jessica had to undergo three ankle surgeries. A lapse in the third surgery made her quit ballet forever.
- She was the first person in her family to go to the university.
- Jessica says that acting is not even half as physically exhausting as practicing Ballet used to be.
- She used to spend her student loan to visit National Theatre and the Royal Court because watching ballet after quitting it was too painful.
- Jessica developed an interest in pursuing theater when she realized acting on the stage has the same impact on the audience as ballet does.
- She would eventually like to settle down as the owner of “a little tea and sandwich shop.”
- Jessica dislikes stereotypical roles of beautiful girls who lack intelligence or unpopular geeks. She is attracted towards playing strong female characters and even a villain.
- She dislikes the interruption of commercials while watching a movie or a TV series and equally hates it when a radio jockey starts talking towards the end of a song on the radio.
- Jessica has 4 piercings in her left ear, but none in her right one. Hence, in Downtown Abbey, she always had to be filmed from the right side for any close-up scene.
- She considers 3 to be her lucky number and knocks 3 times backstage before heading onstage to deliver her performance.
- She looks up to French actress, Brigitte Bardot (born 1934) and other old Hollywood actresses from the 1950s and 60s for style inspiration.
- In 2014, Jessica was one of the many female celebrities targeted by hackers who stole her naked images and video clips with an unidentified man from her Apple iCloud account and leaked it online causing her distress and embarrassment.
- She has a fetish for rings and often wears multiple rings on each finger.
- Jessica has no official website and is not on social media either.