|Marie Avgeropoulos Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|June 17, 1986
Marie Avgeropoulos is a Canadian actress and model who is best known for portraying roles such as Octavia Blake in The 100, Cheryl in Numb, and Kirstie Nelson in Cult. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as I Love You, Beth Cooper, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Hunt to Kill, Dead Rising: Endgame, Supernatural, The Guard, Human Target, Eureka, 90210, The Inbetweeners, and many more. For her acting skills, she has been nominated for numerous awards such as the Leo Award.
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
For her high school education, Marie Avgeropoulos attended the Port Arthur Collegiate Institute, which has been renamed as Lakehead University Law School.
She then joined the Confederation College in Thunder Bay, Ontario. For her college-level studies, her major was in broadcast journalism.
United Talent Agency
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marie Avgeropoulos has dated –
- Shawn Roberts (2008-2009) – Marie Avgeropoulos started going out with Shawn Roberts after meeting him on the sets of I Love You, Beth Cooper in 2008. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond the release of the movie.
- Taylor Lautner (2013-2015) – Like her earlier boyfriend, Marie met actor Taylor Lautner during the shooting of their movie, Tracers and started dating in June 2013. However, unlike her earlier relationship, this relationship managed to outlast the release of the movie. But their relationship didn’t outlast the movie release by much as they separated a couple of months later amidst rumors that Taylor had hooked up with gay director Bryan Singer to further his career.
- Quincy Paglaro (2015-2019) – Marie was involved in a romantic relationship with the cameraman on The 100. They were an item for more than 4 years and called it quits in August 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Marie has Greek ancestry on her father’s side.
35-25-33 in or 89-63.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Marie has starred in a TV advert for the Toyota Scion.
She was also featured in the TV commercial for Credit Unions of British Columbia.
Best Known For
- Portraying Missy in the 2009 hit TV movie, Sorority Wars
- Playing the main role as Octavia Blake in the sci-fi series, The 100
Avegeropoulos made her film debut in the comedy movie I Love You, Beth Cooper for her role as Valli Wooley in 2009.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance came in the Warner Bros. series Supernatural for her guest role as Taylor in 2009.
In preparation for her role in the Tracers (2015), Marie undertook parkour training. She trained in the underground parkour gyms about two months before the start of the shooting schedule. To build her lower body strength and explosiveness, she placed special emphasis on the jump squats and box jump exercises.
Marie Avgeropoulos Favorite Things
- NHL Team – Vancouver Canucks
Source – Café Mom
Marie Avgeropoulos Facts
- After graduating from Confederation College, Marie Avgeropoulos went backpacking through Europe all alone for months.
- Marie loves her Harley Davidson bike and has traveled all the way from Canada to Los Angeles on her beloved bike.
- She learned to play drums at the age of 16 as a hobby. It was her ability with drums that helped her succeed in the auditions and helped her bag work in several commercials.
- Her work in commercials helped her grab director Chris Columbus’ attention, who gave Marie her debut movie role.
- Marie loves the outdoors and learned to camp, fish, and hunt at a very young age. She also enjoys surfing.
- She is a dog lover and has a pet, Cane Corso.