|Jessica (Jessica Jung) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1989|
Jessica is an American singer and actress best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation until 2014. In 2014, she revealed that she had been forced out of the group and she officially left it on August 6, 2015. Jessica has been working as a solo artist since then and has released her own music. She has amassed more than 8 million followers on Instagram.
Jung Soo-yeon, Ice Princess, Sergeant Sic, Sica-sama
San Francisco, California, United States
She divides her time between South Korea and the United States.
Jessica went to Korea Kent Foreign School.
- Siblings – Krystal Jung (Younger Sister) (K-Pop Idol)
- Until August 6, 2015, she was being represented by SM Entertainment.
- In 2016, she signed up with Coridel Entertainment.
- In May 2018, she had signed with United Talent Agency to represent her in North America.
K-pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, R&B, EDM
- Coridel Entertainment
- United Talent Agency
Until 2014, she was also signed up with SM Entertainment and Interscope Records.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessica has dated –
- Tyler Kwon (2013-Present) – Jessica has been dating the CEO of the Coridel Entertainment, Tyler Kwon since 2013. There were rumors about the two dating but they themselves never agreed or denied the relationship. In 2016, Jessica publicly accepted her relationship with Tyler.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
Jessica has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
- Banila Co
Best Known For
- Being a member of South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation until 2014
- Portraying the role of Elle Woods in the Korean version of Legally Blonde musical
- Her fashion and beauty brand ‘Blanc & Eclare’
Jessica released her first studio album titled Girls’ Generation along with the group Girls’ Generation in November 2007.
As a solo artist, she released her debut EP titled With Love, J in May 2016.
She made her theatrical film debut as herself in I Am in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the South Korean comedy-variety show Unstoppable Marriage in 2008.
Jessica Jung Facts
- She was scouted along with her sister by an SM Entertainment agent in South Korea where they were holidaying.
- She was the first member of Girls’ Generation to be signed up with the SM Entertainment.
- After signing up with the agency in 2000, she remained a trainee with them for almost 7 years.
- Jessica made her official debut with the group, Girls’ Generation in August 2007.
- Apart from being a member of the group, she produced several solo songs and made her acting debut as well.
- In August 2014, she launched her own fashion label named ‘Blanc’ and later renamed it to ‘Blanc & Eclare’.
- She also starred in her own reality show titled Jessica & Krystal which as the name suggests, she hosted along with her sister.
- On September 30, 2014, Jessica announced that she was forced out of the group, Girls’ Generation. She broke the news through her personal Weibo account and this was later confirmed by SM Entertainment. She later also stated that she was asked to leave the group by the agency and other group members.
Featured Image by SparkleS805 / Tistory / CC BY-4.0