|Jessie Buckley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1989|
Jessie Buckley is an Irish actress and singer who has gained prominence with her performance as Marya Bolkonskaya in the television series, War and Peace (2016). Additionally, she has played Rose-Lynn Harlan in the film Wild Rose (2018) and the young Leda Caruso in The Lost Daughter (2021).
Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
Jessie went to an all-girls private school called Ursuline Secondary School.
She graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 2013. Furthermore, she attended the Royal Irish Academy of Music and reached grade 8 in piano, harp, and clarinet.
- Father – Tim Buckley (Poet)
- Mother – Marina Cassidy (Opera Singer, Vocal Coach)
- Siblings – She has 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother.
Jessie is represented by United Agents located in London.
Vocals, Piano, Harp, Clarinet
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessie has dated –
- James Norton (2015-2017) – During the shooting of War and Peace in 2015, Jessie began dating her co-star James Norton, who played her on-screen brother Andrei Bolkonsky. However, the couple called it quits 2 years later in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
Jessie Buckley Facts
- She was included in the Forbes ’30 Under 30′ list of 2019.
- She has worked extensively in theater and starred in the productions of Cabaret, A Little Night Music, Carousel, The Tempest, Henry V, The Winter’s Tale, etc.
- In 2020, The Irish Times placed Jessie on the list of ‘Ireland’s Greatest Film Actors’ at #38.
- She suffered from depression at the age of 15.
- In 2022, Jessie received her 1st Academy Award nomination in the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ category for her performance in Maggie Gyllenhaal‘s directorial debut, The Lost Daughter (2021).
- In April 2022, Jessie won the Olivier Award for “Best Actress in a Musical” for her work in Cabaret.
Featured Image by Montclair Film / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0