|Jimmy Lin Chih-ying Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1974|
Jimmy Lin Chih-ying is a Taiwanese singer, actor, entrepreneur, photographer, and race car driver who is widely regarded as one of the most recognizable and successful faces in Taiwan’s entertainment industry. He has released more than 15 studio albums, acted in several TV series and movies, and endorsed numerous products. From 1997 to 2011, he also was a highly successful race car driver. He quit competitive racing in 2011 after the death of one of his racing teammates. Besides, he is a highly successful entrepreneur who has launched thriving ventures in varied fields such as IT, e-commerce, hospitality, automotive, and real estate. He has also served as an ambassador for many youth and government campaigns in Taiwan.
Jimmy Lin Chih-ying
Taipei City, Taiwan
Taipei City, Taiwan
Jimmy had graduated from the Zhong Xiao Primary School and the Huai Sheng Secondary School in Taiwan.
Singer, Actor, Entrepreneur, Photographer, Race Car Driver
- Father – De-Xiong Lin
- Mother – Jin-Hua Lin
- Siblings – Zhi-Xin Lin (Brother), Jason Lin (Younger Brother), Zhi-Yi Lin (Younger Sister), Zhi-Long Lin (Brother)
Jimmy has raced for –
- Renault Tire Racing Team
- HongHe Rally Team
- Mitsubishi Lancer ManYu Rally Racing Team
- Guangxi Speedone Rally Team
- PingTzuo Racing Team
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jimmy has dated –
- Ruby Lin – Jimmy, in the mid and late 1990s, had dated actress Ruby Lin, his co-star in the 1995 film School Days, for about 2 to 3 years.
- Kelly Chen (2006-Present) – Jimmy began dating model and actress Kelly Chen in 2006 and their engagement was announced in October 2009. The couple got married on July 30, 2013, in a ceremony that was held in Phuket, Thailand. They have 3 sons together named Kimi Lin (b. September 15, 2009), Jenson Lin (b. December 5, 2015), and Kyson Lin (b. December 5, 2015). Jenson and Kyson are twins.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Taiwanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Jimmy Lin Chih-ying Facts
- When Jimmy was about 16 years old, he was discovered during a performance in school. Initially, he had declined an offer to join the entertainment industry but had later relented.
- About a year later, he became an overnight sensation post the release of his debut studio album titled Not Every Love Song Has Fond Memories (1992).
- When he was about 18 years old, he became the youngest singer ever to hold a concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum, a multi-purpose indoor arena, in Hung Hom Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- In 1994, with his career in the entertainment industry taking off, Jimmy decided that he would serve his term in the military under its compulsory service scheme. Although he knew that this would hurt his career, he did not seek any special exemption from the government. After 2 years in the military, he resumed his acting and singing career.
- Years later, on a talk show, he revealed that he was bullied by his seniors in the military and was shocked at such treatment. He was expected to perform better than other soldiers just because he was a celebrity. Despite these issues, he performed well and received awards for excellent performance.
- In 1997, in parallel with his career in the entertainment industry, he embarked on a career in car racing. That year, he was involved in a car crash that nearly cost him his life. Despite the accident, he did not give up on his passion and went on to become one of the top 10 rally car racers in mainland China.
- In 1999, he became the first singer to ever hold a concert at The Fountain of Wealth, one of the largest fountains in the world that is located in Suntec City, a major mixed-use facility in Singapore.
- In 2000, Jimmy co-founded an IT company called Inwellcom Tech which specializes in writing software for surveillance and banking. His house in Taipei has been equipped with the latest high-tech surveillance equipment manufactured by this company.
- He also set up an online business under the brand ‘JR’ (Jimmy Racing). The venture sells a wide range of goods and has grown from operating solely on auction sites to selling its goods on shopping sites.
- In 2004, he started Roadstar, a car dealership in Taipei that sells high-end sports cars. He also owns real estate in Taiwan, Shanghai, and Beijing.
- In 2005, Jimmy signed a contract with HongHe Rally Team, the top rally racing team in China. He had even held ambitions of becoming a Formula 3 racer someday.
- That year, he also co-founded Ping Tzuo Racing Advisory Company. In October 2005, he hosted the inaugural edition of the Jimmy Cup, a celebrity racing event that aimed at increasing the awareness of traffic safety among the masses and promoting the love of car racing.
- In 2006, he formed the Jimmy Lin Rally Team that would compete in the China Rally Championship. The team stood in 3rd place overall that season. In October 2008, he was inducted into the China F1 TianRong Powerboat Racing team.
- In July 2022, Jimmy and his son Jenson were injured in a car accident while he was driving a Tesla. Although the crash was severe, the father and son escaped relatively unscathed.
Featured Image by Jimmy Lin Chih-ying / Instagram