|Mark Tuan (Mark Yi En Tuan) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mark Tuan is a Taiwanese rapper, singer, and music composer who is best known for being a member of the popular South Korean boy group, GOT7, under JYP Entertainment. He has released several successful songs along with GOT7 and their EPs like Got It?, Mad, and Flight Log: Arrival peaked at number 1 position on the Billboard music chart. Mark has a strong social media fan base with more than 8 million followers on Instagram and more than 5 million followers on Twitter.
Mark Yi En Tuan
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mark attended Arcadia High School.
Rapper, Singer, Composer
- Father – Raymond Tuan
- Mother – Dorine Tuan
- Siblings – Grace (Sister), Tammy (Sister), Joey (Brother)
Mark was represented by JYP Entertainment. He cut ties with the company in January 2021.
He is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
K-pop, Hip Hop, Trap, R&B
- JYP Entertainment (Former)
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Taiwanese ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’, ‘purple’ or ‘blonde’.
Mark has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Black Yak Walk Fit shoes
- Nàtuur POP
- SMART School Uniform
- NBA Korea & China
- Bausch & Lomb Thailand
- CGV Youth Brand Festival
- Est Cola
- G+ Star Zone Season 7
- Tao Kae Noi
- Aida Sekkei
- FWD Thailand
In 2019, Mark was announced as the brand ambassador for Vivo. Later, in April 2019, he was named the brand ambassador for Davines.
In June 2021, Mark teamed up with Anessa for a limited edition Artist Box. With this, he became the first artist to do so.
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular South Korean boy group, GOT7, under JYP Entertainment
Mark released his debut album Identify with his band, GOT7, in 2014. The album was well received and peaked at number 1 on the Korean music chart and on number 6 on the Billboard charts.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on the drama series Dream High 2 in 2012.
Mark Tuan Favorite Things
- Food – Hamburger, Meat
- Color – Red
- Movie Genre – Horror
- Artist – Chris Brown, Drake, ASAP Rocky, Tyga
- Subject In High School – Mathematics
- Fashion Brand – BRATSON
- Perfume – Ralph Lauren
Mark Tuan Facts
- He was born in America and has also lived in countries like Brazil and Paraguay.
- Mark auditioned for JYP Entertainment and moved to South Korea in 2010 where he began as a trainee for 3 and a half years.
- He initially had no interest in becoming a singer and auditioned just because his school encouraged him.
- Mark made his official debut with the group GOT7 in January 2014.
- He is fluent in English, Korean, and Japanese and can speak a bit of Mandarin.
- Mark initially wanted their group to be called Flying idols.
- In September 2018, he released his first Korean solo song titled OMW. The song was featured in Got7’s 3rd studio album, Present: You (2018).
- In December 2018, he suffered a leg injury while practicing martial arts tricks.
- In March 2019, he was featured on the cover of the Korean charitable magazine, The Big Issue.
- In April 2019, Mark won the “Hot Star Award” at the Weibo Starlight Awards.
- In February 2020, he made donations in order to help in the purchase of ventilators for the COVID-19 pandemic in Hubei, China.
- In 2021, he moved back to the USA and started a YouTube channel.
- In February 2021, it was announced that Mark was opening a company called Mark Tuan Studio in Beijing.
- Mark teamed up with his friends to start a new record label called DNA Records in 2021.
- In February 2021, he teamed up with Sanjoy Deb for a new single titled One in a Million.
- In April 2021, Mark signed an exclusive contract with the Creative Artists Agency.
- In April 2021, he donated $30,000 to the non-profit organization, Stop AAPI Hate.
- In 2021, he released a new song titled Never Gonna Come Down, which was featured in the movie, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
- In July 2022, he released a new song titled IMYSM.
- Mark released a new track titled Carry Me Out in March 2023.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Reesarific / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0