Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
Jing has trained and graduated from the Beijing Dance Academy and the Beijing Film Academy whose alumni includes actress Zhang Ziyi and director Zhang Yimou respectively.
Jing Tian is represented by the Los Angeles based Slate PR.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of the Han ethnicity.
Jing has done endorsement work for the following brands –
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Shen Zhenzhu in the Chinese historical drama series The Glory of Tang Dynasty in 2017.
- Appearing alongside Matt Damon, Willem Dafoe, Andy Lau, and Pedro Pascal in Zhang Yimou’s American-Chinese co-production movie The Great Wall in 2016.
Jing released her first album titled Who Are You in 2007.
Jing made her first theatrical appearance as Zeng Jun in The Offense in 1992. She was 4 years old at the time.
As an adult, Jing made her theatrical film debut in 2008 in the Chinese movie Anaconda Frightened as Tian Juan.
First TV Show
Jing made her first TV show appearance in the family drama series An Epic of a Woman in 2009 as Ouyang Xue.
She had to put on weight for her role in the 2017 movie The Great Wall as she was considered too thin to pull off the deadly stunts on screen. She had to consume protein shakes and lots of meat like chicken breast, pork belly, steamboat, and steak while saying no to salt. The results were apparent as she went from being a mere 54 kg to putting on 10 kilos (and reached 64 kg).
Jing Tian Facts
- She has acted in several movies produced by Legendary Pictures – The Great Wall (2016), Kong: Skull Island (2017), and Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018).
- Jing is the first and the only recipient of the Hollywood International Award given to actors from around the world for the cinematic contributions as the award was discontinued the following year.
- Jing has also been nominated for the Golden Broom Awards which are China’s equivalent of the Golden Raspberry Awards. She was nominated thrice for the Most Disappointing Actress and won the award two times in 2014 and 2017.
- Jing acted in the monster film Kong: Skull Island in 2017 which also starred Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, and Samuel L. Jackson among others.
- Her meteoric rise to international shores has amazed followers, many of whom attribute her success to her close ties with Wang Jianlin, the CEO of the Wanda Group in China.
- She is rumored to be his illegitimate daughter as pictures of Wang’s daughter had emerged in the media and they bear a striking resemblance to Jing Tian. Also, Wang’s son is known for trolling many Chinese actresses with the surprising exception of Jing.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Jing Tian / Instagram