|Taylor Dooley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1993|
Taylor Dooley is an American actress who is best known for having been cast as Lavagirl in the film, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D, in which she starred alongside the likes of Taylor Lautner, Cayden Boyd, David Arquette, Kristin Davis, and George Lopez. She was around 12 years old when her career skyrocketed with the film and Taylor Dooley went on to work on a couple more projects as a child actress. However, she then took a break from acting to focus more on her personal life and education and then again made a comeback as an actress. Over the years, Taylor Dooley has been cast in a wide range of characters in shows and movies such as Star Trek: Hidden Frontier, Apology, Monster Night, Whitepaddy, House, Hell Mountain, and many others. Moreover, she has also accumulated an impressive fan base on social media with more than 150k followers on Instagram, more than 20k followers on Twitter, and more than 10k followers on Facebook.
Taylor Marie Dooley
Grosse Pointe, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
When she was in college, Taylor Dooley pursued a degree in Psychology. Being an actress, what excites her the most is understanding the mental spaces of several characters and that is why she has been inclined towards studying Psychology. Moreover, Taylor Dooley also attended the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute which is a drama school located in New York City, New York, United States.
- Father – John Dooley
- Mother – Debbie Dooley
- Siblings – Drew Dooley (Younger Brother) (b. 2004) (Artist)
- Others – Lin Bowers (Maternal Grandfather), Linvell/Linville Bowers (Maternal Great Grandfather), Lucian/Lucien Bowers (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Hazel Bates/Babs (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Ruth Frieda Brown (Maternal Great Grandmother), William Ross/J. Brown (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Bertha A. Harms (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Kathleen Tuladziecki (Maternal Grandmother), Antoni/Anthony J. Tuladzieski/Tuladziecki (Maternal Great Grandfather), Stanislaw/Stanley Tuladziecki (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Josephine Rowiecki/Kawecki (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Irene Kapcia/Hiliszewski (Maternal Great Grandmother), John F. Kapcia (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Katarzyna/Catherine/Kathryn Bialik (Maternal Great Great Grandmother)
Taylor Dooley is represented by Radius Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taylor Dooley has dated –
- Kyle Massey – It was rumored that Taylor Dooley had a fling with actor, voiceover artist, rapper, and singer, Kyle Massey, in the past. Massey is well-known for having been cast in shows such as That’s So Raven, Cory in the House, American Dragon: Jake Long, The Electric Company, and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Cayden Boyd – It was also reported that Taylor Dooley had a short-term romance with the actor as well as her co-star in the film The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D, Cayden Boyd, in the past. He has appeared in various shows and movies which include the likes of Freaky Friday, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Awkward, X-Men: The Last Stand, The King of Queens, Fireflies in the Garden, and Have Dreams, Will Travel.
- Daryl Sabara (2007-2010) – In 2007, Taylor Dooley started going out with actor and voice actor, Daryl Sabara. He has been cast in several movies and shows like Murphy Brown, The O’Keefes, Criminal Minds, Wizards of Waverly Place, Ultimate Spider-Man, Resident Advisors, Ben 10, Spy Kids, Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams, Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over, Finding Nemo, After the Dark, and The Green Inferno. Daryl and Taylor went out for a while before calling it quits in the year 2010.
- Justin Cassotta – Taylor Dooley is in a relationship with Justin Cassotta whom she married on May 14, 2016. The couple had been dating for a couple of years prior to their marriage and were engaged to one another for around 2 years before they decided to finally tie the knot. Soon after, on November 23, 2016, Taylor and Justin welcomed their first child, a son named Jack Alexander Cassotta. Then, around 2 and a half years later, the duo was blessed with their 2nd child, a daughter named Adaline Joan Cassotta, who was born on March 22, 2019. Taylor Dooley and Justin Cassotta share a very close bond which is evident from the loved-up pictures shared by Taylor on her Instagram. She also shares a lot of pictures of her little ones on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor Dooley is of Irish, German, English, Sioux Native American, Belgian, and Polish descent.
Taylor Dooley has often dyed her hair in various shades such as ‘pink’.
- A beauty spot above her lips
- Pointed chin
- Pierced ears
- Almond eyes
Taylor Dooley has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of Orgain, Hanna Andersson, Reformation, To Be Enough Apparel, Green Chef, Smilo Inc, ABCmouse, Show Me Your Mumu, Madewell, Burt’s Bees, Burt’s Bees Baby, Chevrolet, GoodPop, Alo Yoga, UPPAbaby, MONTCE SWIM, Janie and Jack, Tobi, ELLEJAY, KORE SWIM, Baby Tula, Satya Yogawear, Converse, LazyOne, Inc., and DAILY HARVEST.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Lavagirl in the comedy action-adventure film, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D
- Playing a variety of roles in various movies such as Judy at age 11 in Apology, Dana Ackerman in Monster Night, Mary in Whitepaddy, and Eden in Hell Mountain
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram, more than 20k followers on Twitter, and more than 10k followers on Facebook
Taylor Dooley made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Lavagirl in the comedy action-adventure film, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D, in 2005. In the movie, she starred alongside actors Taylor Lautner, Cayden Boyd, David Arquette, Kristin Davis, and George Lopez.
First TV Show
Taylor Dooley made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode, titled MusicWeek: Day 1, of the Nickelodeon family series, U-Pick Live, in May 2005. The show starred the likes of Brent Popolizio, Candace Bailey, Pick Boy, Antonio Neves, Logan Sekulow, and a couple more.
Taylor Dooley has maintained a healthy physique by working out on a regular basis. As far as her diet is concerned, she tries to include organic products as much as possible.
Taylor Dooley Favorite Things
- Actresses – Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron
- Actor – Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Some Of Her Favorite Movies – Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), East of Eden (1955), Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), The Notebook (2004), Walk the Line (2005), High School Musical (2006)
- Shows – Heroes, The Office, Entourage, Grey’s Anatomy, The O.C., American Idol
Source – IMDb
Taylor Dooley Facts
- She has been named after the popular singer, songwriter, and actress, Taylor Dayne.
- Taylor Dooley became interested in acting after she was cast in a lead role in a local play.
- Her younger brother has been diagnosed with autism.
- When she was just 13 years old, she started to look like an 18-year old version of herself.
- After having been cast as a child actress, Taylor Dooley took some time off acting to make sure what she really wanted from her life and then returned to the acting business.
- She was cast as Minister Rozhan in an episode, titled Grave Matters, of the sci-fi action show, Star Trek: Hidden Frontier, in 2003.
- In order to play the role of Lavagirl in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D, Taylor Dooley had to dye her hair pink.
- She believes that variety is what makes life spicy and enjoys trying out different things.
- Taylor Dooley auditioned for the part of Samantha Parkington in the coming-of-age drama film, An American Girl Holiday, but the part eventually went to actress, singer, and model, AnnaSophia Robb. She also lost the role of Liza in the sitcom, Drake & Josh, to AnnaSophia Robb.
- In December 2008, Taylor Dooley played the role of Rachelle in an episode, titled Joy to the World, of the mystery drama TV show, House.
- She has been featured in an article by Discovery Girls magazine.
- Taylor is fond of horse-riding.
- She also made an appearance as a VIP Guest in the video titled The Alyson Stoner Project in 2009.
- Taylor Dooley shares a friendly bond with the likes of Cayden Boyd, Taylor Lautner, AnnaSophia Robb, Ryan Whitney Newman, and Sasha Pieterse.
- She met AnnaSophia Robb at a private Gemz concert.
- She is inspired by all the humanitarian work done by actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian, Angelina Jolie.
- Taylor Dooley is not a fan of country music.
- Visit her official website @ taylordooley.com.
- Follow Taylor Dooley on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Taylor Dooley / Instagram