|Jo In-sung Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1981|
Jo In-sung is a South Korean actor who began his career in the entertainment industry in 1998 as a model for a clothing band Ziozia. Through his career as a model, he eventually made his way into acting, beginning his career in 1999 through the MBC sitcom Jump. His supporting role in the television drama Piano gained him his first recognition and earned him his 1st drama leading role in 2002 as an illiterate actor in Shoot for the Stars.
He has also acted in romantic films which include the 2003 movie The Classic. In 2004, he had a huge role in a television series Something Happened in Bali that became a very huge success and was viewed with positive reviews by millions of people. His role also won him the “Best Actor” awards at the Baeksang Arts Awards and SBS Drama Awards. Apart from his role in Something Happened in Bali, Jo In-sung also gained popularity for his leading roles in the movies The Classic (2003), A Dirty Carnival (2006), A Frozen Flower (2008), and The King (2017). He is also known for roles in television series such as That Winter, the Wind Blows (2013), and It’s Okay, That’s Love (2014). His contract with the talent agency Sidus HQ ended in 2012 after he was discharged from military service. He has also won several accolades to his name.
Zo In-sung, Arabian Prince
Seoul, South Korea
Gangdong District, Seoul, South Korea
Jo In-sung attended Dongguk University in Seoul, South Korea. He also studied modeling and events management at Chunnam Techno University.
- Siblings – Jo Woo-Sung (Brother)
Jo In-sung is managed by IOK Company (Talent Management Company), Dosan-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jo In-sung has dated –
- Min-hee Kim (2013-2014) – Jo In-sung began dating Min-hee Kim, a South Korean actress and model, in 2013. They broke up in September 2014 only after 18 months of dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Korean ancestry.
- Very impressive height
- Great smile
- Beardless face
Jo In-sung has endorsed J. Hass.
Best Known For
- Acting in Jump, his debut television series in 1999
- Portraying the roles of Jung Jae-min in Something Happened in Bali (2004), Go Eun-sup in Spring Day (2005), Kim Byung-doo in A Dirty Carnival (2006), Oh Soo in That Winter, the Wind Blows (2013), Park Tae-soo in The King (2017)
Jo In-sung made his theatrical film debut as ‘Cho (as In-seong Jo)’ in the movie Public Toilet in 2002.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut in 1999 as ‘In-seong Jo’ on the television show Jump.
Jo In-sung Facts
- He was attending Dongguk University but was expelled because he didn’t attend the required number of classes for an average student.
- Jo In-sung learned to carry out several activities such as horseback riding, fencing, and even martial arts when he was filming Frozen Flower, a 2006 movie.
- His has several close friends. They include Soo Joong-ki and Lee Kwang-soo. It was rumored that he played the cupid in Song Joong-ki’s love story alongside actress Song Hye-kyo.
- He was selected as the ambassador of the National Tax Service in 2016, alongside Choi Ji-woo.
- He loves collecting hats.
- Jo In-sung adulterates the spelling of his family name, changing it from ‘Jo’ to ‘Zo’.
- He loves playing basketball and was into sports before he got into the entertainment industry.
- He has received recognition for ‘Fashion Idol of the Year’ at the Sohu Fashion Awards and also at the Style Icon Awards in 2014.
- Jo In-sung was once rumored to have undergone plastic surgery but he dispelled these rumors, claiming it was a very painful procedure he was not willing to undergo. His appearance is solely based on natural changes.
- He has served in the military- a mandatory 2-year military requirement which began on April 6th, 2009 and ended at 10 AM on May 4th, 2011.
- Jo In-sung is very tall, and his pants had to be custom made about 15cm longer during his drama That Winter, the Wind Blows.
- He doesn’t seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image by neih212 / YouTube