Joan Mary Cusack
New York City, New York, U.S.
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
She joined “Piven Theatre Workshop” as a child and also went to the “Story Theatre” and “The Ark.”
She graduated from Evanston Township High School in Evanston, Illinois.
Joan Cusack completed her bachelor’s degree in English from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1984.
- Father – Late. Dick Cusack (Advertising executive, writer and actor)
- Mother – Ann Paula Nancy (nee Carolan) (Mathematics teacher and a political activist)
- Siblings – Ann Cusack (Older Sister) (Actress), Bill Cusack (Younger Brother) (Producer and actor), John Cusack (Younger Brother) (Actor, producer and screenwriter), Susie Cusack (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Friend – Drake Bell (Actor, singer and musician)
Joan Cusack is signed with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
150 pounds or 68 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joan Cusack dated –
- Richard Dick Burke (1992-Present) – Joan started dating Richard Dick Burke (Attorney, the head of corporate services) in 1992. After a year’s courtship, the couple got married in 1993. They have two sons, Dylan John Burke (born in June 1997) and Miles Burke (born in July 2000).
Race / Ethnicity
She bears Irish and American ancestry
Her short dark red hair
36-27-34 in or 91.5-69-87 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She appeared in TV commercials for “US Cellular” in 2002 and for “DirecTV” in 2004.
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like Working Girl (romantic comedy drama, 1988) and In & Out (romantic comedy, 1997). For both these movies she received Academy Award nominations and for In & Out, she got a Golden Globe Award nomination as well.
Though she appeared in Cutting Loose (1980), yet her official debut can be counted for her role as Shelley in comedy-drama film My Bodyguard (1980).
First TV Show
Her television debut marks her playing various characters in NBC’s television live sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live from 1985 to 1986.
Joan Cusack Favorite Things
- Junk Food – Hostess Ho-Hos
- Family Getaway – Skiing
Source – TV
Joan Cusack Facts
- Joan Cusack was the first regular cast member on NBC’s show Saturday Night Live, for which she was nominated for an Academy award.
- She has appeared in 10 movies with her younger brother John Cusack.
- She belongs to an actor family, including all of her four siblings and her father.
- For the play A Midsummer Night’s Dream, staged at Goodman Theatre, Chicago, she was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actress” category at Joseph Jefferson Award in 1991.
- She loves being in Chicago so much that while starring in What About Joan?, she put a condition that the production should take place in Chicago so that she would not have to leave the place.
- In an interview, she stated that she loves to work in intense working conditions.
- She owns a home in “Three Oaks Township, Michigan.”
- She has worked as a commercial spokesperson for U.S. Cellular for many years.
- In 2003, she signed “Not in My Name” resolution along with her brother John Cusack while opposing the invasion of Iraq. She signed this along with people such as Noam Chomsky (American linguist, philosopher and cognitive scientist) and Susan Sarandon (an acclaimed American actress, academy winner).
- She won four consecutive Emmy Awards nominations (from 2011 to 2014) for her role as Sheila Jackson in Showtime’s hit drama comedy series Shameless.
- Joan and her brother John turned down the movie’s offer The Stepford Wives due to their father’s illness in 2004.
- She co-founded the three women improv comedy troupe along with Bonnie Hunt and Holly Wortell in the mid 1980s.
- She voiced the role of Jessie in computer-animated comedy adventure film Toy Story 2 (1999) and Toy Story 3 (2010).
- She is not on social media.