|Joan Cusack Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1962|
Joan Cusack is an American actor, voice actor, and writer who has been nominated for 2 Academy Awards for “Best Supporting Actress” for her work in the films Working Girl (1988) and In & Out (1997). Her film credits also include Married to the Mob, My Blue Heaven, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Grosse Pointe Blank, Addams Family Values, A Smile Like Yours, Arlington Road, Runaway Bride, Toy Story 2, High Fidelity, School of Rock, Raising Helen, Ice Princess, Friends with Money, Martian Child, Kit Kittredge: An American Girl, My Sister’s Keeper, Toy Story 3, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Klaus, Welcome to Me, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, The End of the Tour, Toy Story 4, and Let It Snow. Moreover, Joan Cusack is known for her television roles like playing Joan Gallagher in the sitcom What About Joan?, Sheila Jackson in the comedy-drama series Shameless, Justice Strauss in the black comedy-drama series A Series of Unfortunate Events, and Francine Bunda in the psychological thriller series Homecoming.
Joan Mary Cusack
New York City, New York, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
She joined “Piven Theatre Workshop” as a child and also went to the “Story Theatre” and “The Ark.”
She graduated from Evanston Township High School in Evanston, Illinois.
Joan Cusack completed her bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1984.
Actor, Voice Actor, Writer
- Father – Late. Dick Cusack (Advertising executive, writer, and actor)
- Mother – Ann Paula Nancy (nee Carolan) (Mathematics teacher and a political activist)
- Siblings – Ann Cusack (Older Sister) (Actor), Bill Cusack (Younger Brother) (Producer and actor), John Cusack (Younger Brother) (Actor, producer, and screenwriter), Susie Cusack (Younger Sister) (Actor)
- Others – Dennis Joseph Cusack (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret McFeeley (Paternal Grandmother), William Bartholomew Carolan (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Agatha McGillen (Maternal Grandmother)
Joan Cusack has been signed with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
150 pounds or 68 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joan Cusack has dated –
- Richard Dick Burke (1992-Present) – Joan started dating Richard Dick Burke (Attorney, the head of corporate services) in 1992. After a year’s courtship, the couple got married in 1993. They have two sons – Dylan John Burke (born in June 1997) and Miles Burke (born in July 2000).
Race / Ethnicity
She bears Irish and American ancestry.
Her short dark red hair
36-27-34 in or 91.5-69-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
She appeared in TV commercials for “US Cellular” in 2002 and for “DirecTV” in 2004.
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like Working Girl (romantic comedy-drama, 1988) and In & Out (romantic comedy, 1997). For both these movies she received Academy Award nominations and for In & Out, she got a Golden Globe Award nomination as well.
Though she appeared in Cutting Loose (1980), her official debut can be counted for her role as Shelley in the comedy-drama film My Bodyguard (1980).
First TV Show
Her television debut marks her playing various characters in NBC’s television live sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live from 1985 to 1986.
Joan Cusack Favorite Things
- Junk Food – Hostess Ho-Hos
- Family Getaway – Skiing
Source – TV.com
Joan Cusack Facts
- Joan Cusack was the first regular cast member on NBC’s show Saturday Night Live, for which she was nominated for an Academy award.
- She has appeared in 10 movies with her younger brother John Cusack.
- She belongs to an actor family, including all of her four siblings and her father.
- For the play A Midsummer Night’s Dream staged at Goodman Theatre, Chicago, she was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actress” category for Joseph Jefferson Award in 1991.
- She loves being in Chicago so much that while starring in What About Joan?, she put a condition that the production should take place in Chicago so that she would not have to leave the place.
- In an interview, she stated that she loves to work in intense working conditions.
- She owns a home in “Three Oaks Township, Michigan.”
- She has worked as a commercial spokesperson for U.S. Cellular for many years.
- In 2003, she signed the “Not in My Name” resolution along with her brother John Cusack while opposing the invasion of Iraq. She signed this along with people such as Noam Chomsky (American linguist, philosopher, and cognitive scientist) and Susan Sarandon (an acclaimed American actress and academy winner).
- She won four consecutive Emmy Awards nominations (from 2011 to 2014) for her role as Sheila Jackson in Showtime’s hit drama-comedy series Shameless.
- Joan and her brother John turned down the movie The Stepford Wives due to their father’s illness in 2004.
- She co-founded the three women improv comedy troupe along with Bonnie Hunt and Holly Wortell in the mid-1980s.
- She voiced the role of Jessie in the computer-animated comedy adventure film Toy Story 2 (1999) and Toy Story 3 (2010).
- She has been friends with actor, singer, songwriter, and musician Drake Bell.
- She has done voiceover work for video games like Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, Chicken Little: Ace in Action, Toy Story 3: The Video Game, Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure, and Kinect Disneyland Adventures.
- She provided vocals to the character of Mrs. Tammy Krum (the Krum Clan matriarch) in the 2019 Spanish-American animated Christmas film Klaus.
- She is not on social media.