|Joana Ceddia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 2001|
Joana Ceddia is a Brazilian-born Canadian YouTuber and vlogger who is best known for her self-titled YouTube channel that has amassed more than 3.5 million subscribers. Her content is characterized by her quirky sense of humor and is targeted at teenagers who relate to her videos wherein she re-creates artworks, vlogs, and transforms herself into popular characters and public figures via makeup and self-designed costumes. She was a finalist in the category of ‘Best YouTube Comedian’ at the 2018 Shorty Awards. She was also nominated in the category of ‘Breakout Creator at the 2019 Streamy Awards.
Joana Campos Ceddia
Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joana had attended the York Mills Collegiate Institute, a high school in Toronto. After her high school graduation in 2019, she had joined a university to study physics and astronomy.
- Father – Rolando Ceddia (Associate Professor at the School of Kinesiology & Health Science at York University)
- Mother – Denilce Campos (Former Professional Gymnast, Winner of the ‘Gold’ Medal in the Team All-Around Event for Brazil at both the 1980 and 1982 South American Artistic Gymnastics Championships)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Brazilian (Portuguese) descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Has a mole under her left eye
Joana Ceddia Facts
- Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Joana’s parents had emigrated to Canada when she was just about a year old and thus, hardly has any recollection of the country of her birth.
- An avid fitness and sports enthusiast, she used to compete in swimming and running events during her school days and had won an Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA) ‘Gold’ medal in swimming. However, a potential career in the sport was halted before it could even begin after she had sustained a severe injury.
- To overcome the disappointment of giving up on swimming and running, she had created her YouTube channel in 2018. She had started by uploading videos of her artwork. She eventually gained a lot of recognition for a video where she attempts to cut her hair with craft scissors. Joana had once mentioned in a YouTube video that she was scared of public speaking and found it difficult to communicate with strangers and that her YouTube experience had greatly helped her in tackling these issues.
- In late 2018, she was embroiled in a controversy when some social media users had accused her of buying her subscribers. The suspicion was raised because her subscriber base had grown exponentially in a matter of weeks. Her detractors were eventually proved wrong through YouTube analytics.
- She is a morning person and often states that she gets most of her daily work done when she wakes up at 5:00 a.m.
- Joana has an irrational fear of spiders, darkness, fish, and deep-sea creatures.
- She had once mentioned that her parents would have named her Jesus if she were a boy.
Featured Image by Joana Ceddia / Instagram