|Jodie Turner-Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jodie Turner-Smith is a Jamaican model and actress who is best known for having been cast as Sgt. Azima Kandie in The Last Ship (2017-2018) and as Melantha Jhirl in Nightflyers (2018). She has also starred in many films like Lemon (2017) followed by Newness (2017). Jodie was spotted for the first time on television in the hit fantasy series, True Blood, in 2013. Furthermore, in 2018, she made headlines after being seen holding hands with Canadian actor Joshua Jackson.
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Eron Smith
- Mother – Hilda Turner-Smith
- Siblings – Toni Gasson-Smith (Sister), Brandon Antonino Giovanni Smith (Brother)
Jodie is represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment
- Innovative Artists
- United Talent Agency
- Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal (Legal Advisor)
- Two Management Women
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jodie has dated –
- Joshua Jackson (2018-2023) – Jodie and Canadian actor Joshua Jackson were first spotted together in November 2018 while they romantically held one another’s hands and walked down the street. Before they had started their relationship, they had met at a party and had a one-night stand. Post that, the two were seen together on various other occasions as well. In December 2019, the couple got married. In April 2020, the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Juno Rose Diana Jackson. In October 2023, it was revealed that the couple had separated and had filed for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
Jodie has either endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- The Honest Company
- Fenty x Puma
- Kylie Cosmetics
- Zana Bayne
- Yves Saint Laurent
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Beverly in the film, Lemon (2017)
- Starring as Sgt. Azima Kandie in The Last Ship (2017-2018) and as Melantha Jhirl in Nightflyers (2018)
- Being rumored to be dating Canadian actor Joshua Jackson
Jodie made her theatrical film debut as Beverly in Lemon in 2017.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Siren in True Blood in 2013.
In November 2016, she trained at the Simon Rhee Tae Kwon Do Training Center in Los Angeles, California. Later in 2017, she joined the Brick CrossFit in Los Angeles where she trained herself in boxing.
Jodie Turner-Smith Facts
- She was raised in Peterborough, England, United Kingdom.
- She loves animals and has 2 chow dogs of her own.
- In January 2019, she announced that she won’t be using social media for a short while.
- In 2016, she was featured in singer-songwriter Zayn Malik‘s music video Pillowtalk.
- Prior to becoming an actress, she worked as a model with NEXT model management.
- She had graced the digital cover of Elle magazine’s February 2021 issue.
- In July 2021, Jodie was a victim of an alleged jewel theft at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival.
Featured Image by Jodie Turner-Smith / Instagram