|Joel Compass Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||Possibly 1994|
Joel Compass is an English musician, singer, and songwriter best known for his first EP, Astronaut. Growing up with a dream to pursue science, he has always been into music as well. His song Back To Me took the internet by storm and attracted a lot of positive attention. His other singles include Back To Me, F****d Up, Astronaut, Run, Forgive Me, and Girlfriends.
His birth year might be 1994.
Penge, South London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
Joel self-manages his career.
Outsiders Recorded Music Limited (under exclusive license to Black Butter Records)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel has dated –
- Jorja Smith (2017-Present) – As per his Instagram posts, Joel is in a relationship with singer and songwriter, Jorja Smith. He first posted a picture with her in September 2017. They can often be seen attending various events together.
Race / Ethnicity
- A gold tooth
- Bushy eyebrows
Best Known For
His debut EP, Astronaut, and the single, Back To Me, which went viral on the internet
As a Singer
Joel’s first EP, Astronaut, came out on September 6, 2013. Then, on July 9, 2014, he released his first mixtape, Natural Habitat.
Joel has provided vocals to many singles including Back To Me, F****d Up, Astronaut, Run, Forgive Me, and Girlfriends.
Joel Compass Favorite Things
- Subject At School – Science
- Music Producer – Kanye West
- Singers /Bands – Rudimental, Lianne La Havas, Drake, MNEK, Gorgon City
- Food – Flapjack
Source – RWDMag.com, Capital Xtra, TheWildMagazine.com
Joel Compass Facts
- Joel’s parents got divorced when he was only 6 and has not seen much of his father since then.
- His mother has suffered on and off from bipolar disorders.
- He got his first keyboard from his mother who had bought it at a car boot sale.
- He has been into music since he was 8 and used to play the keyboard while beatboxing for his friends and other children at school.
- He was hailed as London’s Best Beat Boxer when he was 15 years old.
- He wanted to study medicine and, in fact, was about to get enrolled in a university before he got his first break.
- Joel was discovered by A&R scout, Jamila Scott, followed by songwriter Amanda Ghost, and then, he finally became a part of Black Butter Records.
- He has written and produced songs for Rita Ora and John Legend, respectively.
- Though he has an English background, his music style seems to be American. He has drawn comparisons to artists such as Miguel, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, D’Angelo, and Maxwell.
- ‘Compass’ is his real last name.
- He also played football during his younger years.
- Visit him on his official website @ joelcompass.com.
- Follow Joel Compass on Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, iTunes, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Joel Compass / Instagram