|Joel Fry Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Year of Birth||1985|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Joel Fry is a British actor and musician who is best known for his important portrayal of Darren in White Van Man (2011-2012), Leighton in Trollied (2011-2013), Stylax Rufus Eurysaces in Plebs (2013-2016), and Hizdahr zo Loraq in Game of Thrones (2014-2015). Besides that, he has appeared in a number of other films and shows such as Yesterday (2019), Benjamin (2018), You, Me and the Apocalypse (2015), Death in Paradise (2015), No Signal! (2009), Massive (2008), and 10,000 BC (2008). On the other hand, Joel is also a skilled musician who was a part of the London based Rock, Reggae, Ska band Animal Circus. As a member, he contributed to the release of the band’s first EP Snacks and Ladders (2012).
Joel was born in 1985.
London, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Joel graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in the past.
Joel is represented by Will Hollinshead and Liv Shean of Independent Talent and United Voices.
Rock, Reggae, Ska
Ukulele, Guitar, Vocals, Piano
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel has dated –
- Emilia Clarke (2014-2015) – In the past, small talk was being made about a spark having lit between actress Emilia Clarke and Joel while in an on-screen match-up in the Game Of Thrones (2014-2015). In the show, Joel married Emilia Clarke and became her 2nd husband. The time they shared on-screen led to people suspecting that they might have been dating one another off-screen as well.
Race / Ethnicity
- Kinky hairstyle
- Tall physique
- Stubble beard
Best Known For
- His important portrayal as Lu’kibu in 10,000 BC (2008), Andy in A Distant Mirage (2008), Swing in Massive (2008), Leighton in Trollied (2011-2013), Hizdahr zo Loraq in Game Of Thrones (2014-2015), Dave in You, Me and the Apocalypse (2015), Stylax in Plebs (2013-2016), Toke in Ordinary Lies (2016), Karl Marx in W1A (2014-2017), Hal Fine in Requiem (2018), and as Rocky in Yesterday (2019)
- Starring in various other shows and films including The Bill (2006-2009), Octavia (2009), Bedlam (2012), Twenty Twelve (2012), and Paddington 2 (2017)
- Working along with various actors like Lydia Wilson, James Frecheville, Sian Reese-Williams, Ben Whishaw, Hugh Grant, Hugh Bonneville, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Hugh Bonneville, Monica Dolan, and Jessica Hynes
As a Musician
He contributed his skills to the release of the London based band Animal Circus‘s debut EP Snakes and Ladders on December 16, 2012. Apart from the titular track, it included 4 others Elephant Juice, Happy Again, Perfect Surface, and Darker Days.
Besides that, he also posted various other video songs to the band’s YouTube channel titled Ani Circus. A few of the tracks are titled Riptide, Industry Smile, Psycho, Pigeonhole, and Gibberish.
Joel made his first theatrical film appearance as Lu’kibu in director Roland Emmerich’s hit action, adventure, and drama film 10,000 BC in 2008. He had worked along with the likes of actors like Steven Strait, Camilla Belle, Cliff Curtis, and Joel Virgel.
First TV Show
Joel made his first TV show appearance as Sexton Arnold in Casualty in 2007. Also, cast in the show was actor Derek Thompson, Suzanne Packer, and Tony Marshall.
Though not much is known about Joel’s workout routine, he does seem to go to the gym as a part of keeping himself fit and healthy. He also seems to maintain a healthy diet as he is quite lean.
Joel Fry Facts
- He was raised in London, England and attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, which is one of the United Kingdom’s oldest drama. Ever since then, he stuck with the profession of acting.
- Joel made his debut as a producer in 2013 with the short film Slap.
- In 2014, he was sneakily introduced into the legendary Game Of Thrones as Hizdahr zo Loraq who according to the novel A Song of Ice and Fire by author George R. R. Martin is a Ghiscari noble of the city of Meereen. Followed by an agreement, actress Emilia Clarke agrees to marry Joel in an effort to maintain peace between the “Unsullied” and the “Sons of the Harpy.” However, his innocence gets him stabbed by the “Sons of the Harpy.” Hence, putting an end to his character and to Emilia and his marriage.
- Joel has lent his vocals to the release of various commercials such as TJ Maxx, Renault, Amazon Easter Sale, Virgin Media, IKEA, Guardian, University Of Northampton, and Innocent Smooth Orange Juice. Besides that, he also contributed his vocals to various characters in Lego the Hobbit: The Video Game (2014).
- He is a highly talented musician who can sing and play the ukulele, guitar, and the piano.
- His accent is described as neutral and his tone is said to be a characterful, comedy, and dry.
- The band Animal Circus consists of guitarist Keiran Hague as well as Msimisi Affolderbach-Dlamini and Sam Rigby.
- He has worked in a number of theater productions including Raising Martha, Public Enemy, Doctor Faustus, and Romeo and Juliet.
- Despite portraying the popular character Stylax on Plebs (2013-2016), Joel quit the show without much as a reason. His death in the show was filmed as being squashed by a concrete block.
- Joel is obsessed with antiques expert and television presenter David Dickinson memes. He uploads them to his Twitter account as he replies a lot.
- He does seem to smoke.
- You can follow Animal Circus on Facebook.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image By (Steve Bowbrick / Flickr / CC BY 2.0)