|Cliff Curtis Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cliff Curtis is a New Zealander actor and producer who is known for playing Travis Manawa in the post-apocalyptic horror drama television series Fear the Walking Dead, Reuben ‘Rabbit’ Palchuk in the NBC medical drama series Trauma, Agent Dax Miller in the ABC mystery thriller drama series Missing, FBI Agent Derek Ames in the ABC medical/crime comedy-drama Body of Proof, and Javier Acosta in the Fox action drama series Gang Related. Moreover, Cliff Curtis has also been cast in numerous movies such as Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, Whale Rider, River Queen, Bringing Out the Dead, Reminiscence, The Insider, Spooked, Training Day, Blow, Collateral Damage, Live Free or Die Hard, The Fountain, Fracture, 10,000 BC, Runaway Jury, Sunshine, The Last Airbender, The Meg, Risen, Once Were Warriors, A Thousand Words, Doctor Sleep, and Murina.
Clifford Vivian Devon Curtis
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
For his secondary education, Cliff Curtis attended Edmund Rice College in Rotorua and later graduated from Toi Whakaari: New Zealand Drama School in 1989 with a Diploma in Acting.
He also studied mau rākau (a traditional Māori form of taiaha fighting) with Māori elder Mita Mohi on Mokoia Island.
- Father – George Curtis
- Siblings – He has 7 siblings.
- Others – Thomas Tame Pikikotuku Curtis (Paternal Grandfather), Makarena Anahera Tukuru/Tu Kuru (Paternal Grandmother), Hector Kelvin O’Halloran (Maternal Grandfather), Teau “Daisy” Potaka (Maternal Grandmother)
Cliff Curtis has been repped by Robert Bruce Agency, Talent Agency, Auckland, New Zealand.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $3 Million.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – In 2009, Cliff Curtis got married in a private ceremony at his home and has 4 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Cliff Curtis is of Māori, English, Irish, Swedish, and French descent.
Salt and Pepper
Frequently plays characters of various ethnicities
Cliff Curtis Facts
- Alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Elias Koteas, Francesca Neri, John Leguizamo, and John Turturro, Cliff Curtis co-starred as Claudio “El Lobo” Perrini (a Colombian terrorist known as the Wolf) in the 2002 American action thriller film Collateral Damage.
- In 2002, he played Porourangi in the drama film Whale Rider.
- Cliff Curtis was seen as Genesis in the 2014 drama film The Dark Horse. For this performance, he won the Asia Pacific Screen Award for “Best Performance by an Actor” and the 2014 Rialto Channel New Zealand Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- From 2015 to 2017, he appeared as Travis Manawa (a resolute and peacekeeping high school teacher) in the post-apocalyptic horror drama television series Fear the Walking Dead.
- He brought to life the character of Jonah Hobbs (Luke’s estranged oldest brother who is a mechanic and the computer genius of the family) in the 2019 action film Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw. His co-stars for the project were Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Idris Elba, Vanessa Kirby, and Helen Mirren.
- Cliff Curtis has often been cast in roles of different ethnicities and has been an “all-purpose ethnic” actor. He once said, “It’s been a real advantage, I love being ethnic, I love the color of my skin. There are limitations in the business, that’s a reality, but I’ve been given such wonderful opportunities.”
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0